TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 TMS is real!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rory24

2 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  10:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously I'm preaching to the choir here, but it sure has been true in my case. I had a traumatic dental experience (a dentist screwed up a cavity and shattered my tooth, causing massive infection, root canal, extraction, bone graft, and implant). I was really upset by it--I had just finished college, was in my first job, and didn't have the time or money to deal with something like that. After it was all over, I started feeling pain in another tooth. Dentist couldn't find a single thing wrong. I got over it. Then I got a sore throat for 3 months. Doctor couldn't find anything wrong. Then my body started hurting all over. I was sent to a rheumatologist, who did tests and (you guessed it) found absolutely nothing wrong. Then I came across a mention of TMS and kind of shrugged it off. I was only 24--I didn't have rage. I was a huge worrywart, but I never felt as though I was repressing anger. Then I realized that I really did feel anger at my inability to stop worrying, at my husband for not being able to help stop the pain, at the fact I was in pain. I bought Dr. Sarno's book 3 weeks ago and have had almost zero pain since. No low back pain whatsoever, even though I had been in pain scale 5 pain before that. This shouldn't even be considered a controversial syndrome. It's true. I'm so glad I found out about TMS. Now whenever my body starts to ache, I think about what I feel out of control about or angry about, and I go right back to normal.

Littlebird

USA
391 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  13:28:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for that encouraging post Rory. It's nice to have you here and to hear about the types of problems you've conquered.
Go to Top of Page

Tunza

New Zealand
198 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2007 :  14:31:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's great Rory24!

I'm going to tag this as a SuccessStory so that people doing searches for successes can easily find it along with the other success stories.

For all those that don't know how to do this just go to the search link at the top of the page and enter successstory (has 3 S's).

Go to Top of Page

Parkson

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2010 :  03:31:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Tooth Pain could be caused due to various factors. It might be because of problem with a tooth/ teeth, or it may be caused due to other factors. To help you prevent, understand and soothe tooth pain, we have put up a collection of articles.
[url=http://www.carlislepadentist.com/]Dentist Carlisle PA [/url]

Edited by - Parkson on 11/19/2010 03:32:58
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000