TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Runny nose TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Minda

6 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  13:47:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all. I have finally gotten rid of my back pain and leg pain. My leg pain finally eased over the last week, but I have had a cold with runny nose for two weeks now. Runny nose seems to be the only thing not going away. I can't remember if sinuses are TMS or not. Since my leg pain went away I've been wondering if my nose is the problem now?? What do ya think??

kilton

38 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  15:11:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's nothing official about exactly what is TMS and what isn't. Theoretically, anything could be TMS one way or another.

On a somewhat-related note, speaking as someone who has had allergies his whole life, I believe that anything involving the immune system can be TMS, including the immune system overreacting to harmless particles (allergies), attacking the body itself (autoimmune diseases), and general weakness (frequent illnesses).

After millions of years of evolution, we have too many immunity-related conditions these days for me to believe that the psychological isn't playing a role. Hence the field of psychoneuroimmunology.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  15:19:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ask yourself the question, how much are you obessing about it? This will offer you a clue of what may possibly taking place. The more we are obsessed with our bodies, the more likely we are repressing emotional issues into our unconscious minds that we do not want to deal with.

Sarno-ize it!

Edited by - shawnsmith on 02/21/2007 15:19:16
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  15:20:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On the topic of psychoneuroimmunology, I highly recommend "When the body says no" by Gabor Mate, MD. A must read!

Sarno-ize it!
Go to Top of Page

Stryder

686 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  16:58:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't read _too_ much into it. Could just be an acute rebound virus infection and you got 2 different cold viruses back to back. It happens from time to time. Don't obsess about it, and try getting a bit more sleep. Have a happy day!

Take care, -Stryder

Edited by - Stryder on 02/21/2007 16:59:12
Go to Top of Page

Jena

USA
195 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  20:36:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am one of Sarnos patients and live a few minutes from his office. i am healed 100% but i do not think runny nose has anything to do with it. if it continues for a long time get it checked out. my father had the same thing and it ended up being something serious. ( not trying to scare you its probably nothing but i doubt its tms)
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  04:30:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just looking at "When the Body Says No" over on Amazon. There is a quote from Socrates (quoting someone else):

"This is the reason why the cure of so many diseases is unknown to the physicians of Hellas; they are ignorant of the whole. For this is the great error of our day in the treatment of the human body, that physicians separate the mind from the body."

Lot of that going around still!

xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2007 :  08:39:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Soul

Just looking at "When the Body Says No" over on Amazon. There is a quote from Socrates (quoting someone else):

"This is the reason why the cure of so many diseases is unknown to the physicians of Hellas; they are ignorant of the whole. For this is the great error of our day in the treatment of the human body, that physicians separate the mind from the body."

Lot of that going around still!

xx

Love is the answer, whatever the question

WOW ! Great quote WS. Everything old is new again.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000