TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Being too serious (from TDM)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  05:07:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The following quote is from Chapter 7 pages 266 and 267 of Dr. Sarno's "The Divided Mind," and was written by Rheumatologist Andrea Leronard-Segal, M.D. and points to some of the personality characteristics of those who have TMS. The italics is mine as I can relate a lot to that sentence:

"Patients often take responsibility too seriously and have forgotten to have fun or cannot allow themselves to do so……

"The patients I see tend to be very hard on themselves. They take responsibility to seriously and forget that, as adults, it is ok to have fun. They have extraordinary expectations of themselves and of those around them and are so often disappointed or angered by what they perceive to be their own shortcomings of those of others. They always try to do their best, not realizing what a hard job than can be."

Sarno-ize it!

Edited by - shawnsmith on 02/22/2007 07:49:31

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  11:19:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The sentence that stood out to me when I read the same material was:

"They always try to do their best, not realizing what a hard job that can be."

This was a huge insight for me. Doing your best is special. Most of the time all we can do is our average.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  15:41:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bingo, I usually have a light heart and love to joke. But, there are times when I let life deter me from that, going through it right now. I also worry about my future too much, and it hinders me living in the present.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000