TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 The MindBody Workbook ???????
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Amy

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  19:23:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone used The Mind Body Workbook written by Dr. Schechter?

http://www.mindbodymedicine.com/7tms.html

If so, what was your opinion. Was it helpful, worth the money?

Webdan65

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  19:34:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The MindBody Workbook is a structured approach to journaling and delving into the emotions that are causing your pain. Some need that kind of structure to guide their thoughts through the various sources of possible emotions. Others are able to easily tap into their repressed emotions and don't need the structure.

At $19 bucks including postage - give it a shot. You may find the structure very helpful. Even if you don't fill in the actual pages of the book, reviewing the questions he guides you through will give you an idea of the "emotional work" necessary to relieve your pain.

I say go for it.

Dan
Go to Top of Page

Sky

USA
96 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  20:35:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recommend it, too. I started it, didn't do it every day (as he recommends), but ended up completing about half of it over the course of a month. By the end of that month, my pain was gone and I didn't feel a need to journal, but the journal really helped me get to that point and to overcome my pain during the first couple weeks after I read The Mindbody Prescription.
Go to Top of Page

Amy

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2007 :  22:04:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just ordered the book from the doctor's website. Going though amazon would cost about $6.00 more because they charge an insane amount for shipping on any order under $25.00. I have already read Heal your back and am about 1/2 way through divided mind. I have also gotten into The Kite Runner and am trying to balance my "health reading" with "recreational reading." I find recreationa reading enjoyable and relaxing so I guess it also serves as health reading also. Have a nice night
Go to Top of Page

Webdan65

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  06:28:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What's interesting is that many of us on the forum have many if not all of the books, audios, videos we can find on the topic. Me personally, you never know if one books explanation will just "click" more so than another description.

My TMS library is large and continues to grow as more information comes out. Hmmmm...maybe THAT is compulsive behavior on my part. LOL

Let us know how you do with Schechter's workbook Amy. You're on your way.

Dan
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  09:31:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I liked the Workbook. It's helpful for some structure and also reminding you to journal regularly, since you're meant to do it every day. (I skipped a few days here and there, but it definitely pushed me to do it more regularly.

--
Wherever you go, there you are.
Go to Top of Page

westcoastram

97 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  12:34:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Shawn,

What, in your opinion, were the failings of the workbook? Are there questions that have been significant to you that you would have found more productive?

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000