TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Dreams anyone?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

stanfr

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  19:45:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, just thought i'd briefly stop in to ask if anyone knows of a good source (person, book, site, method) that might help in dream interpretation. I had a real disturbing dream last week and am trying to make some sense of it.

Sorry i havent been on the forum letely. I feel i am 99% over my recent relapse of AOS, which resulted in first nasal congestion and psoriasis over the last year. It has been a very gradual recovery but i feel i have it beat. Am still seeing a therapist though less frequently, and am trying to make some life changes in an attempt to stave off any new 'syndromes'. The key to my success this time i feel was to give zero attention to the symptoms and not let it control/affect my life/behavior. That's why ive avoided this forum recently--i think participating here indirectly gave attention that helped perpetuate the problem! I also feel it was essential to completely accept a psychosomatic cause, not just verbalize it, and this took a while to sink into my subconcious. Thanks to all who offered support and advice last year!

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  20:01:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi stanfr, great to hear that you're doing well.

In Healing the Shame That Binds You (I think -- it might be The Homecoming), John Bradshaw has a section that discusses his method of dream interpretation. It works with the idea of an emotional keystone of the dream, the part that feels 'important', and working with concepts and connections around that. I didn't find the details all that helpful myself but just the concept of an emotional touchstone is a great help for me in sorting out what's relevant and what's strange details randomly grabbed from the mind.

--
It's not 100% belief that's required, but 100% commitment.
Go to Top of Page

ralphyde

USA
307 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  12:52:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My favorite book on dreams is an old one by Maria F. Mahoney, called The Meaning in Dreams and Dreaming. The cover blurb says: "Explains the techniques of Carl Jung in non-technical language to help the layman understand the meaning of his own dreams."

My own copy is battered and worn, and it's long since out of print, but I found that there are some used copies on Amazon.com starting at 1 cent. Well worth it at 100 times that price! Ain't the Internet great?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0806500956

I'm a long time student of Carl Jung, and this is the best book on dreams that I ever came across.

Best,
Ralph
Go to Top of Page

stanfr

USA
268 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  20:19:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanks acl and ralphyde for those suggestions. guess i cant go wrong for 1 penny Ironically, theres a health forum thread at the bottom of that amazon link from someone looking for help with back pain--and lots of responses, everything from chiro to acupunctue (didnt see Sarno)
Go to Top of Page

Odrog

27 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2008 :  13:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not EXACTLY what you were asking for, but the all time greatest book ever written on dreaming is "Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming" by Dr. Stephen LaBerge.

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=30049438&listingid=14383183&dcaid=17902

Edited by - Odrog on 02/13/2008 13:20:25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000