TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Spoke to Dr. Sarno
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Curiosity18

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2008 :  16:49:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Littlebird and ACL-

Thanks so much. Now I know where to start again. I realize that therapist-client fit is an individual process, but the "inner-child" approach seems to make the most sense, given the TMS literature and many of the success stories.

Peace-

Curiosity

Go to Top of Page

elise8

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  15:43:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say that I bought the L. Basset tapes a few years ago when I had anxiety and they just did nothing for me at all.
I just had to let the anxiety run it's course and it finally did. I also had severe panic and these also went away. Claire Weeks' books helped me the most.
Elise

Elise8
Go to Top of Page

austini

29 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  17:12:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by elise8

Just wanted to say that I bought the L. Basset tapes a few years ago when I had anxiety and they just did nothing for me at all.
I just had to let the anxiety run it's course and it finally did. I also had severe panic and these also went away. Claire Weeks' books helped me the most. Elise8

I also agree that the Weekes' approach is much better because the solution to anxiety/panic etc really is so simple (although certainly not easy). The only thing that I would add to the Weeke's approach is more emphasis on daily relaxation/meditation to expediate the reduction of tension in an over sensitised nervous system.

Cheers - Gordon
Go to Top of Page

sborthwick

87 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  07:20:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to report that Claire Week's approach is ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! She helps one to remove the Fear of Fear - in other words, anxiety doesn't scare one anymore. I have been workign her method for 2 weeks now and the anxiety is reducing and reducing.
I agree that adding in Relaxation is a very good idea. I have added listenign to a relaxation tape daily for 20 minutes each night. I have noticed that I am getting more adn more uplifted. This is just so fabulous! I think that most people would benefit from this.
Week's work is very in line with Sarno.
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  14:12:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Suz, glad to hear you are doing better!

--
It's not 100% belief that's required, but 100% commitment.
Go to Top of Page

sborthwick

87 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2008 :  14:52:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks so much armchair. I am thrilled!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page