TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Dr. Schubiner ask me to share this with you
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sagelady

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2008 :  17:07:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Free Teleseminars on Tension Myositis Syndrome/Mind Body Syndrome

Topics:

An understanding of how the mind can create pain and other symptoms

New research findings
Question and answer session

Presented by Howard Schubiner, MD
Director, Mind Body Medicine Center, Providence Hospital

Department of Internal Medicine, Providence Hospital, Southfield, MI

Clinical Professor, Wayne State University, Detroit, MI

I will be conducting two free teleseminars on May 7th and 14th at 8 pm Eastern Standard Time. Join me by phone or by webcast to learn about how certain common physical ailments can be caused and therefore cured, by the mind. See details below.

For more information and to register, visit my website at www . yourpainisreal . com and click on the Teleseminar button on the right side of the page.

This teleseminar series will summarize the scientific basis for the Mind Body Syndrome and answer questions about it. The Mind Body Syndrome (also known as Tension Myositis syndrome or TMS) occurs commonly and is due to the development of sensitized nervous system connections which can cause pain and other symptoms despite the lack of tissue damage or death in the body. The medical profession has not fully recognized this syndrome as a source of chronic pain or other symptoms complexes, and therefore millions of people continue to suffer with back and neck pain, tension and migraine headaches, abdominal pain, irritable bowel and bladder syndromes, TMJ syndrome, fatigue, anxiety, insomnia, tinnitus and many other syndromes. Treatment for this condition can be accomplished by understanding the underlying cause of the symptoms, both from a physiological point of view and a psychological point of view and by performing exercises to address the underlying causes.

sagelady

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  06:19:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I bumped this up so all have a chance to join in. The teleseminar is free.( yes, I checked, this is FREE) After you register, you will get a confirmation, and then a email allowing you to post questions in advance of the teleseminar.

This would be a good chance for those of you unable to "see" a TMS Doc to actually get to have your questions answered.

I see alot of us have read the post, just curious, if anyone is actually going to attend?

Sage
Go to Top of Page

chester

49 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  07:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for posting this. I signed up. I don't know if I'll be able to listen to the whole thing live, but the mp3 purchase option is pretty neat.
Go to Top of Page

Capn Spanky

112 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  10:12:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool, thanks Sagelady! Glad I saw this.
Go to Top of Page

sagelady

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  06:38:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reminder, tonight is the teleconference for those interested

Sage
Go to Top of Page

southpaw

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  09:05:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reminder, I think I'll check it out. The more reinforcment the better I think!
Go to Top of Page

AmyAJJ

98 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  17:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to be listening on the webcast version.
Go to Top of Page

AmyAJJ

98 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  18:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heard something interesting from his call today:

He was talking about studies about animals taken away from their moms at early age and how they develop sensitive autonomic response systems.

When he said that I felt myself click in with an emotional response. I was taken away from my mom unexpectedly for a little while as a young child and was scared by it.

He was suggesting that this occurrence in animals and humans can then pre-dispose them to TMS types of responses. Makes sense in my situation.
Go to Top of Page

southpaw

Canada
29 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  19:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was a very good and informative seminar. He explained things very well. Well worth tuning in to next weeks.
Go to Top of Page

stefan

56 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2008 :  22:00:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for taking the time and looking out for us!

Ars Longa Vita Brevis
Go to Top of Page

sagelady

USA
61 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  02:32:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anybody else tune in last night? I thought it was very informative. Can't wait for next Wed.

I ask him if he could put a recording of the seminar on the free portion of his website, for future review. We'll see what he says.

Sage
Go to Top of Page

sandhya

16 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  11:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi!

I thought it was excellent - cleared up a lot of confusion in my mind.

I also liked his manner and way of communicating - candid, matter of fact, and everything very clear.

best to all

s
Go to Top of Page

Capn Spanky

112 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2008 :  14:41:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only caught the last 30 minutes (due time zone confusion). But I really liked it. He has a great way of communicating. Excellent reinforcement of Dr. Sarno's ideas. I'm looking forward to next week's session.
Go to Top of Page

positivevibes

204 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  00:27:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had missed both teleseminars, but they are available for purchase on his website for $17. Just thought everyone would like to know! :-)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000