TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Symptom Imperative
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  14:26:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I've posted a lot about my problems with dry mouth and other Sjogren's Syndrome symptoms. I still have these symptoms but they have lost a lot of their distraction strength. I don't think about them as much because I have genuinly dismissed the possibility of Sjogren's in my mind. Because I don't think these symptoms are related to Sjogren's Syndrome they don't scare me anymore.

The symptom imperative went to work. I now have several different rashes on my body. One of which I know is Psoriasis. Psoriasis is considered to be a chronic skin condition. Can this be cured through TMS theory? I also have eczema...also chronic. Can this be cured as well? Or am I all of a sudden stuck with these rashes for life?

Thanks everyone. This forum always helps.

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  16:10:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi John,

The symptom imperative is evidently effective here. The symptoms have changed, so you're worried and distracted again. Symptom imperative is one of the best pieces of evidence that you're dealing with TMS.

Psoriasis is considered a chronic skin condition, and back pain is considered a chronic pain condition. We know back pain doesn't have to be chronic, so probably psoriasis doesn't have to be either.

Laugh off your new symptoms and keep staying with real life. :)

--
It's not 100% belief that's required, but 100% commitment.
Go to Top of Page

golden_girl

United Kingdom
128 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  17:24:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
John,

I just quickly used the search function on the forum to find examples of others who have used TMS theory to cure their psoriasis.

"I just developed psoriasis 2 weeks ago, I am going to approach it with a TMS mindset and we'll se what happens. I think that if you have skin conditions it probably means that you are always susceptible to them but they don't always have to express themselves. For example, Psoriasis - If you have psoriasis it probably means that it is expressing itself as a result of TMS-like reasons(anxiety, sress...) but if these things are reduced the symptom will not express itself. So to answer your question - TMS theory works."

Looks like you answered your own question!!

"F.E.A.R.
Forgive Everyone And Remember
For Everything A Reason"
Ian Brown
Go to Top of Page

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  08:28:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haha yea I know. I have my good days and bad days. To be honest I don't care very much about the Psoriasis on most days, but on a bad day it will have me questioning myself enough to post here and even contradict my own previous thoughts.

Armchairlinguist I see what your saying. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000