TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Trigger Points - When do they leave?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mjwebb05

24 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  19:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
I just have a question: I believe I have TMS (or AOS)and have seen TREMENDOUS improvement in my back/hip pain (that I have had for 4 years) in just the past few weeks since I have begun reading Sarno, Amir and Brady, journaling, talking to my subconscious, etc. I still have tenderness on my Ilio-Tibial band area (outer thigh) that seems to be the last thing to go....does anyone on here care to share their experience with trigger points/tender points and how they go away with TMS? Do they always stick around to some extent, or will they most likely gradually fade away with time as I continue to apply the remedies?

mk6283

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2008 :  21:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mjwebb05

will they most likely gradually fade away with time as I continue to apply the remedies?

Absolutely (in my experience). Congratulations by the way!

Best,
MK
Go to Top of Page

armchairlinguist

USA
1397 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  19:12:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It depends on if you mean the point or the pain. The pain will fade, but the actual tender point itself might still be tender if you press on it and the muscle might still seem 'knotty'. In my experience that feeling is not correlated with ongoing pain.

--
It's not 100% belief that's required, but 100% commitment.
Go to Top of Page

mjwebb05

24 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  19:18:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was mor meaning the point (or in my case, the tender area)...it doesnt really contribute to pain unless i press on it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000