TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 100% RSI Recovery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ecpasos

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2008 :  11:39:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Last September (2007) I recovered from a bad case of RSI. It was 100% due to Dr Sarno's teaching. I have recovered 100%. Not only my RSI in my hands, but other pains I had experienced for many years also went away (neck and lower back) after the knowledge I gained by reading A Divided Mind. I am so grateful to Dr Sarno and forums like this one which allowed me to get the information. Below I submit the post I made on another site (www.sorehand.org) last September as another testimony to the success of a proper diagnosis of TMS.

"Hi,

I am a little hesitant to send out this email... but I think I owe it to you and to anyone else who is sick and tired of being limited by RSI... one month ago I couldn't type more than 1000 to 1500 keystrokes a day without major pain in the backs of my hands. I would go home and apply ice or heat to relieve the pain. I had a bottle of ibuprofen handy at all times. Today, I can type all day (over 18k keystrokes one day last week last week when I checked my RSI Guard stats). I am reluctant to send this email out because I think lots of people will not believe me. Maybe they will think I'm a kook or possibly making this up. However, I'm too excited about regaining the use of my hands again to not send it and possibly help someone like yourself or another person who happens to read this.

I joined this list about 1 month ago and read about people getting
healed by Dr. Sarno's approach to chronic pain. I was skeptical, but
very interested because frankly I was frustrated and tired of my life
being so limited by the RSI. I was tired of the endless therapies and
doctors who couldn't really provide any solid answers. Without getting too much into my history... suffice it to say that the last 2 years were tough... loss of income from RSI, loss of favorite hobbies, lack of confidence, worry about paying the bills (I have 3 kids , wife, mortgage) since I'm the only bread-winner in the family. I was willing to do whatever it takes to get better. Anyway, to make a long story short, I read all I could about Dr. Sarno and his theories. I started by Googling. I found a great page (http://podolsky.everybody.org/rsi/) which lead me to lots of other information. I bought Dr. Sarno's book, "A Divided Mind". I devoured anything I could find about tension myositis syndrome (TMS).

Within a few days I felt like I wanted to try testing the boundaries of how much I could type... and little by little I was typing again, not 18K keystrokes, but a few thousand with no major pain, but definitely some minor discomfort, mostly a tingling in the hands. But certainly not the pain I was feeling before. Within a week I was typing normally with very minor discomfort and no lingering pain when I got home. Hard to believe, but true. I'm typing this without Dragon. I can't say I don't feel any pain at all, but I am 1000 times better than I was. So there you go... no therapy, no acupuncture, no yoga, no stretching, nothing but understanding what TMS is and believing it. "

Enrique

ecpasos

USA
21 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2009 :  15:36:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I was just poking around again on this site. I continue to be 100% pain free. I am eternally greatful for having learned about Dr. Sarno and TMS.

I was recently contacted by someone going through the same situation as many of us go through... debilitating RSI. This poor young woman having to suffer as she is. I believe she can be 100% healed given my own experience and that of many of you.

For all of you working through your pain issues... I pray for you that you be strong and free yourself from the bondage of pain. Don't give up.

All the best.

Enrique

Enrique
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000