TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 pressure feeling
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Villen

10 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  11:55:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi!

I have been starting to ignore my pain and do some exercise and try to live a normal life. My thoughts though, are always going back to "there must be something physically wrong with me". Earlier today I was doing some light aerobic exercise, and my right leg (where TMS is) was weak, achy and tired. Like it didn`t want to move. My main problem is not pain, but the tired, stiff and tingling sensation in my leg. Like the muscle is really "cramping", making my joints pop and crack. Does tihs make sense? I know Sarno says that stiffness, tingling, weakness etc is due to reduced bloodflow and is typical TMS...does anybody else have this? Or is the pain the dominant symptom? I ache as well, but its more the pressure feeling and the above mentioned symptoms that bothers me...

thanks for your answers. Hope you are doing ok

Villen:)

Villen

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  13:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I had an annoying tingling and numbness (along with pain in the butt/back). So numb you could pinch the area very hard (not butt or back area mind you) and I felt NOTHING. That was weird.

You need to come to the acceptance that it's a mind/body issue. I know you know we can't do that for you. Do you expect to have this when you exercise? That makes a difference. I did expect a bit of butt pain (tailbone) when I did certain moves for a very long time. Then I said one day "$%^&U* this, I'm doing it full circle and let's see what happens. I know it is nothing structural so here goes." So I did it (rest on tailbone in leaned back rowing position. NO PAIN! After I'd had pain there for years! And I haven't had it since. So it takes time to decondition ourselves and overcome the fear.

Not sure exactly what else you're looking for.

Best wishes,

Lori
Go to Top of Page

debbette

44 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  16:08:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Villen,
I've had this tingling and, most recently, buzzing in my feet for several months now. It started in one foot and then moved to the other as well. My toes and feet are also stiff and today (during a yoga class) my left foot did 3 major cracks. I'm still working on totally accepting it is TMS. Occasionally fear still gets the best of me. I am TMS prone though (have had equivalents in the past) and totally fit the profile. I also find it very suspicous that it started during an incredibly stressful time in my life.
I think TMS can be different for anyone. If you search this board you will find all kinds of CRAZY symptoms!
I find yelling at my feet to be helpful. When the buzzing started, I really yelled at it and it's pretty much gone away. Odd that it started the same time I started journaling too. Hummm.. LOL
Best of luck to you..
Debbie
Go to Top of Page

winnieboo

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  19:04:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just want to chime in that during the height of my neck troubles, the crunching, cracking and popping noises were audible to everyone, me, my family and gym collegues alike! Extremely upsetting! I'm only in my 40s, and I was freaked about hearing this clattering for the rest of my life. HOWEVER, after all the TMS work, it's gone. There is still a slight swivel noise that I hear when I turn my head (hard to explain; I hear it inside my head, but my husband can't hear it), but I don't notice it unless all is silent and I'm listening for it. As my therapist said early on when I complained of the disturbing noise: Turn on some music! It was good advice. Got my mind off things and I guess all the tension, anxiety and tightness in my muscles was just letting me know it was there. My point: it can go away.

Also, I had stiffness, tingling and weakness in my arms. Couldn't even hold a coffee cup for awhile. That's gone, too. Now I only have occasional shoulder tightness.

Edited by - winnieboo on 10/02/2008 19:26:30
Go to Top of Page

Villen

10 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  00:49:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you guys!! I guess TMS can cause all sorts of strange symptoms... I will start screaming at my leg;)

Villen
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000