TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Do pressure points ever go away?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mely

16 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2008 :  15:01:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have every classic TMS pressure point and then a few more. When I'm feeling reasonably well, they don't bother me but they are still there and feel like a bad bruise when I press them or someone gives me a massage. When I'm in pain, it all radiates from those pressure points and I feel the discomfort without pressing anything.

Does anyone have experience with this and do they eventually go away? I'm much improved after going at the TMS head-on (for the 2nd time in a year) and fighting it with cardiovascular excercise - something I hadn't done regularly in almost 2 years. But even in my good stretches, those pressure points are still in the background feeling like bruises all over my body.
Mely

Edited by - Mely on 10/07/2008 15:17:01

drziggles

USA
292 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  12:47:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Possibly not, but they are nothing to worry about. Only now in hindsight have i realized that i've had those my whole life. Even in high school my girlfriend would tease me about what a wimp I was if she tried to give me a shoulder massage since I could only tolerate the mildest pressure. It's pretty much the same now! Think of them as your body's little reminder to be vigilant with your TMS work...
Go to Top of Page

Sarah Jacoba

USA
81 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2008 :  17:14:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
depends on what you mean by going away. But I used to have horrible upper body trigger points much like you describe but after making a lot of improvement vis a vis TMS they didnt bother me anymore (i.e. cause perceivable pain) for most of the last four years, though I suppose if you pressed on them they might still hurt. But who cares about that? As long as they arent making you think about them, then they're fine!

--Sarah Hyacinth Jacoba
"When dream and day unite"
Go to Top of Page

Mely

16 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2008 :  13:33:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My friend who is a Pilates teacher just told me that most people have trigger points in known places (shoulders, upper back, lower back, buttocks, etc) and when you press them they can hurt anyone. Some people are more sensitive and some less. I think most people don't even know they have them because they don't press all over their body looking for them like someone who has just read a Sarno book :) I've recently found them in my elbow, knees and feet and I've never had much if any TMS in any of those places.

So I guess they are like the skeletal abnormalities Sarno discusses in his books that many people have but don't cause them any pain.

Mely

Edited by - Mely on 10/09/2008 13:40:21
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000