TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Skin rash as TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeff

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  12:42:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
All -- I appreciate any helpful thoughts or advice you may have. For the last year or so my TMS symptoms have been largely gone (yes, I'm a success story). My primary symptom was that I channeled life and job anxiety into ankle and lower leg pain. That pain is now largely gone. Starting in early September, I began to experience what appeared to be bug or flea bites of some sort in that same part of my body -- ankles and lower legs. No one else in my family had this problem. We have a cat, so we treated it for fleas, and I have sprayed various rooms and even bought de-foggers to use in killing bugs. Still, these bug bites have continued, and sometimes they seem almost more of a rash than bug bites. Puzzled why my steps to eliminate fleas and bugs from the house have not given me any relief, it finally hit me last night -- maybe this is TMS? I am having a lot of life and job anxiety right now (the global economic downturn is not a good thing for me). Is TMS capable of making "bug bites" -- i.e., red/pink bumps and places -- appear on my ankles and lower legs? I have thought about going to see my doctor, but I know from past experience she will not consider TMS a viable diagnostic option. Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Jeff

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  13:21:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes. Skin irritations (rashes, acne) are likely mind/body issues.
Are you irritated at something? Is there something you're "itching" do to or say?

When I'm irritated, I usually get one or two itchy hive-looking things. On my FACE!!

Edited by - mizlorinj on 10/24/2008 13:26:04
Go to Top of Page

winnieboo

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  16:09:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since you've already experienced a run with TMS, then perhaps you are the best judge of what's going on. However, as you know from having TMS before, it's wise to check with a doctor before doing the work. Rule out any physical/medical reason first. You say you suspected the cat and have de-fogged...is there anything new in your life? For example, reactions to foods, soaps, new clothing are possible. Have you traveled? Do you have a new mattress? My son recently had multiple "bites" and swollen areas that went away, and the doctor finally attributed them to a virus. But the doctor asked us the list of questions above...
Go to Top of Page

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  20:35:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In Traditional Chinese Medicine issues with the skin are related to circulation in the physiologic perspective and with defensiveness in the psychological arena. Are you defensive enough when you need to be? Can you protect yourself from people hurting you physically or emotionally? Do you know when to not be defensive?

Go to Top of Page

moose1

162 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  16:40:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jeff,

i know this sounds silly, but have you checked for bed bugs? a co-worker of mine had them and it took them forever to figure out that that was what it was, and they can be very hard to get rid of. same thing...little bites everywhere.

as for rashes, there's NO question that skin stuff can be TMS. i don't get rashes, but i sure get hives, and i have no doubt that they are emotionally induced.

best,
Moose
Go to Top of Page

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  17:09:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely, rashes are TMS. I had psoriasis a few months ago. Now it's been completely gone for months. I gaurantee you what you have is a mindbody problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000