TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Scalp Acne...Is it TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ktulu

14 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  09:08:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe I have had scalp acne my entire life as I remember scratching my head and seeing bits of blood from my skin when it was irritated for years, but more recently I have noticed a lot of it. My hair has been thinning, which has been quite a stresser in my life, and I decided to shave my head. When I did this, I noticed a lot of scalp acne, and was immediately freaked out. I start getting scared over the thought of not being able to shave my head, the only way I felt I could cope from my hair loss that has been embarrassing me. I went to the dermatologist who gave me an antibiotic and medicated shampoo, but after 5 days, I haven't seen any improvement, and it might have even gotten worse (although the antibiotic says it can take 2 weeks to work). I have definitely been on the edge right now with just being so enraged over not being able to solve this problem, and losing my hair, and it must be contributing to the symptoms.

I have a pretty strong history of TMS disorders-Back pain and neck pain, Irritable Bowel Sydrome, Gastrointestinal disorders, Prostatitis, Depression, Anxiety, OCD, Rosacea, TMJ. I have read Sarno's books multiple times, and definitely fit the make up of someone who suffers from it. I have tried journaling but never really had a strong event in my life that I could pinpoint the rage coming from, moreso just a lot of little ones that have built up.
I've also never really had a strong acne problem before, but the fact that it's all over my scalp has been really disheartening to me since I want to shave my head.

Any thoughts?

winnieboo

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2008 :  10:11:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You already know that you have TMS. Regarding the scalp acne, whether or not it derives or is prolonged by TMS, I would patiently finish the treatment you've already begun. Hopefully, the current scalp problem will be solved by the antibiotic.
quote:
I have tried journaling but never really had a strong event in my life that I could pinpoint the rage coming from, moreso just a lot of little ones that have built up.

At least in my experience, who needs a strong event? The "lot of little ones" can be the biggest offenders! Keep journaling! My TMS disorder list was similar to yours. I'm "bugged" everyday by lots of little things. As you weed them out, sort them out and toss them out, your thinking and behavior can change and you start shortening your list.

Edited by - winnieboo on 11/03/2008 10:11:52
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000