TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 What kind of Counselor?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  16:49:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been journaling for an hour a day and reading for a half hour. I've been forcing thoughts all day every day. I've been trying out self-hypnosis for 30 minutes a day. I've been doing all this for a little over a month. I feel positive about recovery, I know it's 100% psychosomatic, I know it's just a matter of time(although I don't know how long it will take)... but the fact is I still think about it all day every day, It still scares the **** out of me, I still feel it physically as strong as ever 100% of the day.

I have given this recovery program a great amount of time and effort and will continue to do so. But I feel like I'm going no where and as Sarno says, psychotherapy might be needed if none to very little improvement is seen in a month. So, tomorrow I am going to call my school's counseling center. Should I ask them if they have someone familiar with the mindbody process, or a psychotherapist? Which is more important in my recovery? Is one, one hour session per week enough? I would only have access to this for a few months.

scottjmurray

266 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  18:09:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dude, what do you mean by forcing thoughts? it sounds like you are trying WAY too hard man.

---
author of tms-recovery . com

(not sh!t, champagne)
Go to Top of Page

johnaccardi

USA
182 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  18:38:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When it's really bothering me, which is all the time, I try to not let it bother me. I try to think psychologically and positively.
Go to Top of Page

JohnD

USA
371 Posts

Posted - 11/07/2008 :  20:19:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The point is not the force thoughts but to shift focus...a good way to do this is by getting into your feelings.

John - I still think the pathway is your best bet, but explore whatever you need to explore and find out what works for you.
Go to Top of Page

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 11/10/2008 :  09:09:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are you an intelligent man, John?
You don't need to answer, but if you're quite intelligent, like a lot of TMS prone people are, I think you'd better stay away from these kinds of help. It will waste your time and enrage you more.

I've had a councellor, phychologist and psychiatrist.

The (supposedly trained and educated) councellor was a total biatch incapable of understanding the root of any emotion and only interested in you talking more about what caused it and make you try to draw your own conclusions to which she'd usually agree and not say anything remotely helpful about it. I guess she made me want to make a clone of me so I could kill myself. Definitely enraging.

The psychologist, educated more, is always understanding and acknowledging this mindbody thing, saying all sorts of stuff that makes you think they totally think like that as well. But when the sessions start, for a while it feels good to talk about everything but when he started to actually 'do' something and talk, he really missed the point everywhere, tried to talk more about facts that are BESIDE the point, seeking irritations where there lie no problems, totally wasting your time and making you want to scream bad stuff about the amount of money he earns by being ignorant and stupid. Definitely enraging.

The psychiatrist is the highest educated. Most expensive. Haven't seen her a lot. But at least she did impress me. We talked a lot, and afterwards I got this written synopsis about 'me' that was so correct that I was stunned. I don't think she could be of any therapeutical help. But this synopsis helped me rethink how to handle situations.

Now I haven't had any help from any 'official mindbody thinking' helpers so they may be any good after all. And I know - even if they're not better than what I experienced - some people have florished with the help of even councelling. But I think.. yeah well.. these people were mostly women or something because they got an upgrade in the brain were talking about emotions is half the cure, where men need analysis.

Don't get me wrong, I love women and am not racist or something. But haven't you ever noticed this thing that men don't talk about emotions, but if they do they want a solution? Women do talk about emotions and if they talk to you, you just need to listen. Solutions are not necesary.

Anyway then there was this one guy, smarter than everyone, learned about my exact symptoms for about 7 years and he cured me a 100%. I think his name was Redsandro.

New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000