TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS stomach pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jackgreen68

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2008 :  20:57:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is there a doctor or therapist to go to in NYC for stomach pain, which is definitely TMS? Please someone respond

mk6283

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  10:27:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Go see a gastroenterologist. If they diagnose you with IBS (or related diagnoses), then you know its just TMS.

Best,
MK
Go to Top of Page

winnieboo

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  11:54:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sarno is in NYC and sees patients in the tri-state area. He then refers to a psychotherapist if needed. Google him for contact info.
Go to Top of Page

Peg

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2008 :  18:54:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with mk. You don't mention being evaluated for your symptom. You should always consult your doctor about a symptom, to make sure there is nothing serious causing it. If all testing checks out, and you fit the TMS profile that's different.

Ditto----IBS=TMS

Have you tried to apply the information in the books to your life?

Dr. Sarno and Dr. Ira Rashbaum are both in NYC and treat for TMS.

Good luck
Peg

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei
Go to Top of Page

tallpaul

15 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2008 :  17:17:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had "IBS" very bad for 10 years. After trying 10 different docs and every pill available, I cured it with homemade yogurt. I am 100% symptom free. The store bought stuff did not help. I do believe that many people with tummy problems actually have TMS, but not in all cases. Give the yogurt a try.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000