TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 Mini success
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kiethy

7 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  05:44:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Been watching this forum for a couple of weeks and thought I would post my mini success story.
History
chronic rsi for 9 years(from guitar) I'm 28 now
pelvic pain syndrome
chronic sciatica for 4 months (diagnosed bulging disc)

I developed chronic sciatica while overseas on a 3 month trip and had to come home early because the pain wa unbearable with the amount of walking you need to do for sight-seeing and general living. I've had chronic rsi for 9 years and been on disability for the last 2 years.

The next day after reading sarno's book the sciatica was gone and I started to journal in handwriting, which is amazing for me as I haven't been able to write or type for years. 15 pages later I felt a lot less burdened by the past

The day after that I started using my hands even though it hurt and telling myself to give emotion instead of pain. When I do this I instantly get a really strong shiver up my spine and feel a bit like crying or getting angry or whatever emotion is there at the time.

I's now two weeks since and I'm doing more than I have for years. Today I did 20 pushups/situps/ lifted weights and ran up and down a mountain (I haven't been able to even jog for 3 years from pelvic pain syndrome)

I'm still getting pain from my hands but it's shifting around and I don't fear it anymore. In fact the lack of fear and freedom involved is just amazing.

Whats working for me

Knowledge that I'm not doing permanent damage
Journalling when I get pain to work out the cause behind it
Knowledge and proof that the pain isn't from a physical cause
Instantly changing pain into emotion
Dominantly using the body part that hurts the most
Reading other success stories which prove the method works for some

Look forward to posting a full recovery soon

cheers
Greg

HilaryN

United Kingdom