TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Is adrenal fatigue tms?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tcherie

72 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  09:22:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got myself confused when I visited a wellness doctor that deals with emotional release as part of his practice. Anyway, during the diagnostic evaluation he stated that my adrenal glands were stressed, and can start to not function properly if subject to a pro-longed period of stress or illness.

The adrenal fatigue explains alot if not all my symtoms. Some theorize that this problem can be found in individuals who have fibromyalgia and CFS.

Since stress leads to adrenal fatigue, and stress can be caused by our emotions and mind, even though I have a real diagnosis, is this TMS and can doing the emotional release resolve this? Do you all feel that performing the anti-tms techniques actually relaxes your body, and thus restores function to a body system that is in distress?

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  14:23:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
how does the doc do emotional release?
Go to Top of Page

ChrisSC

25 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2008 :  15:41:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For a few months before I knew about TMS I was told by a doctor that I had "adrenal fatigue." The research I did on adrenal fatigue certainly matched my symptoms exactly. It made a lot of sense, as most of my pain and fatigue symptoms started after long periods of stress and worsened under stress.

Once learning of TMS and doing some of the emotional work, my symptoms disappeared even though I was no longer following the "don't get stressed, Adrenal Fatigue diet, etc." advice I was given.

So in my case, what was diagnosed as adrenal fatigue was definitely, 100% TMS. Interestingly, the fatigue component of my symptom list was the first to vanish. The pain took and is taking (not quite gone) more work.
Go to Top of Page

tcherie

72 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  12:57:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mizlorinj,

His practice focuses on the part that the brain and nervous system has in developing chronic health issues. He has equipment that is able to detect periods of your life when emotional stress occurred. For example, he detected a period of stress when I was between the age of 29 and 30. Anyways, this correlates to a stressful period at work for me. It also, detected a stressful moment at the age of 3. I know at 3 that I had a major fall for which I still have the knot on the back of my head.

Anyway, through kinesiology (excuse spelling), he can "reprogram" your way of thinking about certain things and erase the negative effects (i.e, child abuse, marital problems, parenting issues, conflict, etc.) it is having on your body.

So basically, if his treatment works (I have heard a lot of positive results), its like the fast-track to trying to get in touch with the psychological part of our issues. I will let you all know how it goes.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

48 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  15:50:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am curious about this as well. I have been diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and it sounds like it's connected to a lot of my issues (interstitial cystitis, IBS, etc). A saliva test showed that I vastly under-produce cortisol. Still TMS? I tried to do the TMS work a number of months back and even did several sessions with one of the therapists who specialize in TMS, but I only experienced limited benefits from that.
Go to Top of Page

tcherie

72 Posts

Posted - 12/13/2008 :  20:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jamie,

I looked back at some of your posts, and your concerns seem to be similar to mine. My job stresses me, and leaving it is not an option. That is why one of my topics was does a person has to resolve a conflict in order to get rid of TMS. I struggle with trying to change how I feel about the situation. I do journal, and that helps psychologically. However, because I cannot leave the situation I guess I seek alternative medicine routes.

Maybe in doing that I am still thinking physically. If this doctor cannot help me, I may be forced to just really determine if I can change how I think about things.
Go to Top of Page

n/a

48 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2008 :  10:15:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tcherie,

I guess the goal would be to change one's thinking such that one is okay/not angry or scared/etc no matter what the situation happens to be. And believe me, I know how hard that is!!

I'll be interested to hear the name of the technique your therapist uses. I've been trying to google around for "emotional release" and one interesting thing I found is "somato-emotional release" that seems to be a part of what some massage therapists do (it involves both manual and mental work). Thought that was interesting, too.

Go to Top of Page

celloLWF

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  09:03:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not a doctor or knowledgeable in biochemistry. I am knowledgeable in TMS and psychology.

Having know someone with Andrenal fatigue that has suffered for many years, it is my honest opinion that AF is TMS. The person is a hard worker and puts unecessary pressure on themselves to be perfect. They are young and in overall good health, except for AF symptoms.

This is very clearly TMS in my opinion.

Good luck
Go to Top of Page

tcherie

72 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2008 :  18:05:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks CelloLWF,

The "suffered for many years" part was kind of discouraging. But knowing it is TMS is reassuring. Its just mind over body at this point, I guess...
Go to Top of Page

campbell28

80 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  09:16:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Jamie:

"I guess the goal would be to change one's thinking such that one is okay/not angry or scared/etc no matter what the situation happens to be"

That would be a very hard goal to set yourself - probably unacheivable! TMS work is more about accepting the 'bad' emotions that you have - anger, fear, or sadness - and learning how to release them - not trying to make them go away altogether. Trying to feel ' OK" all the time is a huge pressure in itself and likely to make the TMS symptoms worse. It's more that, if you can't walk away from a stressful situation, you learn how to cope with it. Counselling is a huge help, or anything that helps you let the feelings out.
Go to Top of Page

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2008 :  09:25:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You can definitely achieve benefits from changing your thinking. Changing your thinking can absolutely be done, especially when you believe it can.

I would journal about the situation, get the feelings out, and see where you can find a reasonable expectation for yourself. I know people who have changed their viewpoint or attitude about a sitation and/or a person or their job, and the entire situation was benefited by this adjustment in thinking. So it can be done with excellent results.

We are human. We're going to have feelings. And that's ok!!

Best wishes.

Edited by - mizlorinj on 12/16/2008 09:28:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000