TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 My Journaling Materials...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MikeySama

Netherlands
55 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  06:46:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
... are all gone! Had a major harddrive crash a month back or so, all the stuff i wrote down is gone. I'm sure i had backups, but i just can't find them.

So yeah... do i have to start from scratch now? Not that i really feel like doing it anymore. It's become bothersome, and tedious work for me. Which is probably a bad attitude to have when dealing with TMS.

I was planning on having an awesome week of vacation time, to get away from some of the stress of graduating from college. But the pains have been really harsh for the most part of the week, and i just can't seem to figure out what's at the root of it. Not having the ability to read back from previous sessions makes it even harder.

----
Call me Mike :)

Edited by - MikeySama on 12/27/2008 06:47:16

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  10:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It really should not make any difference whether you have those old journals.

It is the act of journaling itself that is part of the recovery process. While going back and reading old entries may be helpful, it is far more important to write down what you are feeling in the moment. Writing in a journal reinforces the behavior of facing your feelings rather than succombing to the TMS distractions whose goal is to keep those feelings repressed.
Go to Top of Page

Redsandro

Netherlands
217 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2008 :  21:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you still have the harddrive and you didn't reuse it; there are lots of (free) recovery tools out there that really do magic.

PC Inspector File Recovery, TestDisk-win, Recuva, etc.

scottjmurray

266 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2008 :  04:56:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
dave's right.

---
author of tms-recovery . com

(not sh!t, champagne)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: