TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 finances and TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Cee

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2009 :  13:12:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just curious but how many of you are feeling new symptoms or having a difficult time with the same symptom as you stress over paying your bills, children's college tuitions, on and on......we are having serious financial issues and the more stress/ anger I feel about it and the more my husband stresses..... I feel like I am taking it all in and I am developing new symptoms and other symptoms just wont go away (i.e. anxiety, dizzines....)

Thanks!

Cee

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2009 :  20:24:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did get tms symptoms with financial strain over the years. I look back now at my bouts of back pain when I was young starting out, and they coincided with my times of tight budgets. Louise Hay's book Heal Your Body has a chart with specific emotions causing pain at areas of the spine. I think lower back was tied to finances in her book.
Go to Top of Page

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  07:49:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh my goodness- yes. In my opinion (and its just my opinion) financial problems are the major cause of stress and disease. People with finacial problems abuse drugs more, drink or smoke or others, worry, have anger, feel hopeless, feel a lack of security, have marital problems and on and on. Its no coincidence that doctor offices and er's are very busy in times like these.

I know I'm very angry with whats going on now with the US economy.

So yes you are not alone in this regard. I imagine even the suicide and divorce rate has gone up alot in the last few years.

I just wanted to add, if your that finacially strapped, if your kids want to go to college, they can get grants and student loans and work a part time job.

Edited by - LuvtoSew on 01/18/2009 07:54:13
Go to Top of Page

Cee

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  11:56:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I appreciate your comments on this subject. My husband says we may loose our home if things dont better. I am only working part time as I had some health issues with diverticulitis and other stomach issues in the fall and went part time which is driving my husband crazy.
Our oldest was lucky enough to get some money on an academic scholarship to college and she works full time for her car to get back and forth to school and work and we pay the balance on her tuition......colleges are so expensive and with this economy there is little financial money and I doubt many of us could pay it back anyway, I have no idea what we are going to do for our second child come next year.
Mostly, I am unable to work full time because of my anxiety condition which has found me again after so many years. I am in a program for anxiety but this financial difficulty and my husbands constant reminder to me is not helping. I feel so angry inside at myself and at him. I know our children sense it because our youngest brought it up yesterday. My anxiety continues and my stomach hurts or I have terrible heartburn. TMS ??

Cee
Go to Top of Page

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  12:52:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel bad for you, but your husband should be more understanding.
Working full time right now may worsen your condition so at least working part-time is better than not being able to work at all.

Ever listen to Dave Ramsey on Tv. He helps people with their finances, although I sure don't know where he gets his 10-15% return on his mutual funds, but he does have some good pointers.

You say you lost half of your income, can you make that up by say buying fewer groceries, no new clothes, dropping cable, selling stuff on craigs list or ebay, like starting a strict budget?

Maybe your husband can pick up a part time job a few hours a week?

It sure sounds like your under a lot of stress which can be causing your symptoms, and your husband is not understanding which just compounds it all.
Go to Top of Page

Cee

USA
71 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  11:45:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
THanks for your comment and concern. I realized today as I was driving and my stomach felt like an acid pit that my husbands not dealing with his own stress is falling all over me and making me sick. He keeps telling me that I have a lot of time of my hands and why dont I try to find some way to pay these bills as he is working 12 hours plus a day. I realize he is terrible stressed but so am I and are kids as well.
I do believe if he could deal with his issues then I could deal with my own and maybe get back to work sooner.

Cee
Go to Top of Page

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  13:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cee, I see a lot of opportunities for journaling in your posts. There are a lot of feelings in there trying to come out.

And we cannot change others to make them be more understanding.

Best wishes,

Lori
Go to Top of Page

hottm8oh

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2009 :  13:58:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've always had really severe reactions to paying bills--anxiety, headaches, muscle tension, stomach problems, and back pain. I've gotten better with it over the years, but it's still something I struggle with and probably always will. Financial anxiety is something I learned from a very young age from my parents, and it's been drilled into me as an adult because I have no one to count on if I find myself in a financial crisis. The way I am with money is almost entirely rooted in fear, and I feel personally that fear and low self-esteem are at the core of my TMS symptoms.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000