TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Prostatitis?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

MarkD

41 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  10:00:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have anyone ever suffered from prostatitis that was caused by TMS?

Thanks,

Jeff

USA
68 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  12:32:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mark -- When a doctor tells you that you suffer from prostatitis, it means they don't know what's wrong with you. It's just a name they put on a variety of symptoms that patients (always men, of course) report regarding aches and pains in that general area. I was once diagnosed as having prostatitis, and it is only after doing some research that I discovered there really is no such thing. All you have to do is ask your doctor what causes prostatitis, and watch him hem and haw about no one really knows, etc. I believe prostatitis is almost always TMS, at least it was in my case. I would be leery of taking any strong antibiotics for this condition.

Jeff
Go to Top of Page

MarkD

41 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  12:38:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Exactly what I believed. I have been to two urologists who could NOT tell me what caused the symptons that I was having. They did some urine and semen tests which I am sending to Dr. Sarno based on your reply. Since I have good days and bad days and sometimes the pain moves, like back pain, I thought that this was alot like TMS.

Thank you. It really helped to hear your thoughts.
Go to Top of Page

mk6283

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  14:18:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Chronic prostatitis is almost always TMS. Someone on the Forum here actually wrote a book about his experience with it:

http:// stores. lulu. com / kjarvis

Best,
MK

Edited by - mk6283 on 01/29/2009 14:19:22
Go to Top of Page

MarkD

41 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  14:37:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you MK.

I will look for the book.
Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  16:52:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarkD

Have anyone ever suffered from prostatitis that was caused by TMS?

Thanks,

yes, twice.

The first was years ago, after antibiotics, and ultra sound on my guys down there I wondered if it was like the back pain I had went thru. Sure enough it faded away after thinking that.

the second time only took 2 weeks as I just waited it out fully knowing prostatitis is Bulls--t. It was still a bit scary though. Pain is pain.

Kevin Jarvis's book on it that you were referred too by MK was real good. Highly reccomend here as well.

Edited by - skizzik on 01/29/2009 16:56:29
Go to Top of Page

Blues

2 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  17:09:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just diagnosed with this around New Years. It started after I had been following Sarno and Scott Brady’s program pretty diligently to deal with another issue. I had some fairly good success with dealing with that issue when this popped up. I was thinking symptom imperative, but that didn’t really help me. It just kept getting worse and simple pain killers were not enough.

I ended up going to my doctor because I always want to rule out something serious like Dr. Sarno says. He put me on three weeks of antibiotics and I got some prescription pain killers to help with the pain. Interesting thing was when I started the pain pills and the prostatitis pains (they were all around that area into the back and stomach and off course genitals and burning urination) went away my right foot really hurt which made no sense at all because my right foot never bothers me. That quickly went away though as I just thought it too silly.

After I got off the antibiotics I was doing better, I thought. Maybe a little sensitive in the area, but felt it was disappearing and was cutting back on pain medication. Then three days after that I start getting these random flu-like sensations. Body chills and slightly achy. But there was no fever or any other symptoms of flu. So that started concerning me and I called my doctor back thinking maybe I just had made my immune system vulnerable to something after getting off the antibiotics. He seemed more interested in my prostatitis and ended up referring me to a urologist. I ended up finding out that these body chills and such go along with prostatitis, although I never had experienced them during my time taking the antiobiotic or before I had seen my doctor. So that was a new curve ball for my mind to wrap around in terms of TMS. I could imagine TMS in terms of any type muscular or tissue pain, but not some type of bacteria or virus like the body chills and aches suggested. Of course the interesting thing is the aches and chills are not consistent. They come and go throughout the day.

Anyway it sounds from your experience that the urologist isn’t much help here. At this point I’m just hoping to have some tests to rule out serious things so I can start selling getting some faith on the TMS route for this. Unlike prior TMS issues this one really strikes fear into the heart. Before I got the pain pills I was scared to go bathroom and tried to hold it as much as possible because it just hurt like hell. Just thinking about that area in pain hurts. And I feel like any type of sexual activity just makes thing worse and that doesn’t create nice pictures for the future in terms of relationships and such.

I will be curious to hear of your progress or any other testimonials of people who have kicked this thing using Sarno’s approach. Especially if they’ve had the flu-like symptoms which are probably my biggest mental barrier to really thinking TMS.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

weatherman

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  01:29:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been down this road also. In HBP Sarno mentions a urologist saying that 90% of the cases he saw were stress-related. The problem is the other 10% where a true bacterial infection is the cause. And, how do you know for sure which is which?

The episodes I've had have always been stress-related as far as I can tell, it can be a real head game. Without going into it too deep, conditioning plays a huge part.

Weatherman

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."
Go to Top of Page

MarkD

41 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  08:00:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am actually feeling much better now that I am two weeks off of antibiotics. I just faxed my semen analysis, blood work and urine analysis to Dr. Sarno for his opinion.

I am doing much better off of the antibiotics, maybe they helped, maybe they didn't but I do believe that my symptons were caused by my TMS.

I will update you once I hear from Dr. Sarno.

thank you to everyone who responded.
Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  04:14:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by weatherman

I've been down this road also. In HBP Sarno mentions a urologist saying that 90% of the cases he saw were stress-related. The problem is the other 10% where a true bacterial infection is the cause. And, how do you know for sure which is which?

when the urinalysis comes up w/ 0.0000% bacteria found is a good clue.

This happened to me both times. They still insisted on antibiotics like they did for kjarvis because they say "well, the bacteria is hard to detect."

I'd assume 10% of people for treatment have bacteria in thier urine, or some other real physical cause (prostate related) based on this dr.s statement.

Then if you get far enough for the ultrasound and thats negative is another clue.
Go to Top of Page

mk6283

USA
272 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  07:14:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The "chronic bacterial infection" is just another herniated disc. Its a red herring. It probably has nothing to do with symptom production. Unless the bacteria are causing an acute febrile illness of some kind or significant dysuric symptoms I'd be hard pressed to attribute anything to them even if they were "detected" by our advancing technological methods (and multiple prostatic massages). Good luck!

Best,
MK
Go to Top of Page

weatherman

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  08:34:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last 2 posts make a good point. I'm guessing that if you look hard enough at the prostate - or any other organ for that matter - you could always find a few bacteria somewhere. Like others on this thread have noted, urologists offer no solutions on dealing with "chronic" prostatitis. Since there is discomfort, there MUST be bacteria, ergo the antibiotics.

There are so many docs in general these days that pass out antibiotics like candy, you have to wonder where it will ultimately lead with germ resistance etc.

Weatherman

"Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement."
Go to Top of Page

MarkD

41 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  09:10:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Update: I spoke to Dr. Sarno and his diagnosis is TMS. I have returned to my therapist who agrees with diagnosis. The pain started about a week before my 20 year high school reunion. I didn't make the connection. Shame on me. Now, the pain has been coming and going for the last month. A few good days and then a few bad, but I am treating it as TMS, not prostatitis and that seems to help. The pain moves meaning that its upper abdomen in the morning then lower abodomen at night, but no pain when I sleep. This is my new TMS pain. I defeated the back pain, then the hamstring pain, now this. I have done it before and i will do it again. I appreciate everyone's kind words. Thank you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000