TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 The Hairball and my Brain (a relapse story)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DeborahJ

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  17:30:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had been free of all TMS pain and symptoms for a couple years when I attempted to lift a table by myself just before Christmas. I felt it... that "catch" in the back, then the excruciating pain that instantly immoblizes you. I literally could not take a step for a full ten minutes. Dragging myself in and out of the restroom left me covered in perspiration and doing Lamaze breathing all the way.

I was standing in the dining room trying to reassure myself that this was probably nothing but a "test" when suddenly I saw and heard my cat in the living room, attempting to retch up a hairball. Instinctively I reacted. Before I knew what I was doing I flew across the dining room, leapt down two steps into the sunken living room, grabbed up the offending feline, ran back up the steps, threw open the kitchen door and flung her out.

As soon as I stopped moving I felt the pain again. However, my brain was caught red-handed. I just laughed and laughed, even though it hurt like crazy. I knew what was going on!

I took it easy for a day or two, moving slowly at first, and reviewed Dr. Sarno's book. By the fourth day all pain and soreness was gone. In the past this would have turned into who knows what... weeks or months or years of pain and thousands of dollars and maybe even surgery. Praise God for insight. I am so, so grateful... !!

pandamonium

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  04:46:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great post, well done you for realising the trick your mind was playing on you.
Go to Top of Page

Peg

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  14:46:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great story--Thanks for sharing it. It put a smile on my face (not about your pain, but about the absurdity of it all--I can relate). Glad you're better.
Best,
Peg

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei
Go to Top of Page

TotalStrangerFigure

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  14:41:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's priceless! Thanks for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

jude

14 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2009 :  14:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I adore this story! It so captures that process of realizing what the brain is doing and not being duped by it.
Go to Top of Page

carbar

USA
227 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  21:33:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow! i love reading this! how true!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page