TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Cholesterol down 23% in 3 weeks?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Northerner

62 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  19:54:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, kids. Here's one I haven't heard of.

On January 12, I took an insurance physical.

On January 23, I got the results: a cholesterol reading of 230 (good cholesterol 54). And an insurance rating (Standard - they didn't like the diagnosis of degenenerative changes in the neck) that I thought was too low, so I decided to have three other insurance companies quote me (meaning three more blood tests). Previous tests over the past few years were 233 total /58 good cholesterol and 218 total / 49 good cholesterol.

On January 26, I received an email from a TMS doctor who, after reading the 5-page, 10-year history I sent him and the radiologists' report of my neck MRI, said that although he couldn't make a diagnosis by email, he had no doubt that I had TMS. I had the classic history. He recommended that I try the techniques outlined in the books for at least a month before contacting him for an appointment. This really lifted me up, and I felt some reduction in symptoms right away. I still have some symptoms, but have gotten much better since then.

On February 1, they drew my blood three times for the three physicals. I only had 4 or 5 days advance notice for the blood test, and did watch what I ate for about three days before the test. I was 2 pounds lighter than on January 12, although I had lost about 8 pounds in the month before my first exam on January 12.

I've received two of the lab reports back thus far, and the results are astounding. One came back at 178 total / 46 good cholesterol, and the other came back at 187 total / 50 good cholesterol. That's a reduction of 19% to 23%, and I was barely trying! The triglycerides and bad cholesterol were also down accordingly. Blood pressure was the same, however.

Has anyone else seen something like this happen? I don't know if it is coincidence or not. I read that cholesterol can vary by 8% in a day and 15% day-to-day, so perhaps this is not abnormal, but it seems to me to be surprising to get a reading like that, and just after getting a fair confirmation in my head that I have TMS. A doctor I was playing basketball with tonight (yes, I played hard and smashed around tonight, rather than playing like a little old lady like I did when I first tried basketball a month ago) said that it sounded to him like a lab error (these tests came from three different labs).

By the way, if you're wondering if I was experiencing overt stress reduction, the week before I took the second physical was about as stressful as it could get, I felt tremendous pressure the day of the insurance exam, and was expecting a very stressful week following the test.

I welcome the omnicient out there to comment.

Edited by - Northerner on 02/19/2009 21:18:19

Penny

USA
364 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  10:00:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Northerner

I've received two of the lab reports back thus far, and the results are astounding. One came back at 178 total / 46 good cholesterol, and the other came back at 187 total / 50 good cholesterol. That's a reduction of 19% to 23%, and I was barely trying! The triglycerides and bad cholesterol were also down accordingly. Blood pressure was the same, however.

Were you fasting or eating at time of blood draws? Also, do you know if the labs used were the same or differed?
Penny
Go to Top of Page

Northerner

62 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  14:03:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had fasted about 12 hours before each blood draw.

The blood was tested at 3 different labs, and I realize that there is variance one to another.
Go to Top of Page

Peg

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  10:52:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's been a while since reading Candace Pert's book Molecules of Emotions, but I believe in it she mentions stress increasing cholesterol significantly. I know you say your stress level was high, but that was overt stress.

You also mentioned that right in between your blood draws, the TMS Doc confirmed your suspicion about having TMS and you said:

"This really lifted me up, and I felt some reduction in symptoms right away."

I wonder if this might have been enough of a relief to bring your cholesterol down? Just a thought.

Also, I know someone who's cholesterol dropped 70 points after leaving a job she hated.

Best,
Peg

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000