TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Need to be careful
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  10:48:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
watching medical mystery diagnosis (true stories) a man had terrible back pain and it turned out to be MRSA in his back muscle and he died, and another women had terrible forearm pain for a few years and was told carple tunnel til finally she went to the right doctor and she had a tumor on her cervical spine.

Just a word of caution here, be sure to get the right tests to rule out things.

anoher girl had GI upset for a few years and they said it was stress, turned out a cancer turmor on her large bowel.

Not to scare anyone but there are medical conditions out there that can't be cured by emotional release.

Bobbypols

Canada
46 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  11:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Your absolutely right. Hence I had an MRI done when my back pain began two years ago.

Even Sarno, says we must get a medical check up for all our ailments.
Go to Top of Page

mizlorinj

USA
490 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  11:36:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, that's why I don't watch medical mysteries. Don't need to fill my mind with the "but what if's" and plant the seed in my brain to make things self-fulfilling. Which does indeed happen (Christina Applegate's "waiting for the other shoe to drop" RE: breast cancer). But that's me and it's my choice.

To those who have such fears, please go get tested. But there comes a point where it becomes hypochondria or its own obsession, as some on this Forum admit.

Dr. Sarno covers getting checked in his books so I think people know that already. Also the medical world's already scared people enough with the what if's.

Regarding: "Not to scare anyone but there are medical conditions out there that can't be cured by emotional release." I think those comments are indeed scary and discouraging--especially for those who have tried other things and nothing's worked for them. Also plenty of various ailments are discussed on this Board and many have indeed healed themselves with emotional release or TMS program. I come here to support that angle--not the medical one. Like you guys didn't know that about me!

Hugs!

Edited by - mizlorinj on 02/24/2009 11:59:57
Go to Top of Page

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  11:49:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
mizlorinj- your right we need to keep things in perpective and be prudent at the same time - as these are rare cases thus the name of the shows "medical mysteries".
Go to Top of Page

pan

United Kingdom
173 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  13:48:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, there are medial mysteries along with a whole host of other unexplainable things that happen in life. Lets' be honest, when you get told by a GP that there is nothing organically wrong with you, all you are really being told is that on the perusal of all currently available eveidence there is nothing to be found...when this information is not good enough for us it leads us to hypochondria and/or health anxiety and a world of pain and frustration.

I see your point but I don't really see why you needed to post this. I don't think anybody would accept a TMS diagnosis without getting a physical possibility ruled out firstly and once this has been done we HAVE to accept this as otherwise we are going to be stuck in a limbo land.

IMHO, somatization will often strike when we are suffering from emotional difficulties and these very difficulties can lead us to question what we are told and to lose faith in what experts are telling us. Yes, we have to find a balance but unfortunatly we are often just not in the right mind set to find this balance and whilst we may think we are being proactive and cautious the truth is we are often stuck in a health anxiety loop and becoming totally illogical and looking for things that are just not there.

Go to Top of Page

TotalStrangerFigure

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  14:19:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
LuvtoSew -

I thank you for the reminder. I tend to want to explain away everything as TMS. But caution is in order. Even some TMS equivalents can cause manifestations such as a compromised immune system that will sometimes require standard medical treatment. I know someone who is prone to infections (I believe the root cause to be TMS), but if they are not treated they can become life-threatening.
Go to Top of Page

hottm8oh

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  14:52:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would be surprised if pain or an upset stomach were the only symptom. An infection would produce a fever. A tumor in the bowel would produce blood in the stool. None of these things are TMS.
Go to Top of Page

marsha

252 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  15:25:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are many illnesses that can be attributed to TMS, and maybe they can be corrected by changing the way our brain works. BUT, until then we must take the medications prescribed for that condition. I have high blood pressure. I am pretty sure it is TMS but I wouldn’t consider not taking my medication.
It seems that many people on this forum are diagnosing themselves.
I do not believe the medical community is out to get us. If you do not feel well go to the doctor! Then you can decide how you want to treat anything that ails you.
Use your intelligence to decide what course of action to take. Don’t only depend on your intuition and emotion to guide you in the right direction
Marsha
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000