TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Tilted pavement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fox

USA
496 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  06:47:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I haven't posted in a long while. Basically, my sciatica is 90% better, after 25 years of pain and 5 operations which did not help, due to following Sarno's concepts, and I am so grateful to Sarno for this, but I still have a couple of conditioning problems. One of them is running (long walks okay) and one of them is punching or kicking (extensive karate background). What do you think about the third one? Can it possibly be physically, structurally based? I have problems in parking lots or fast food drive-throughs when I park with the pavement tilting up to the left, but I am fine if the pavement is flat, sloped up in front of me or down behind me, or tilted up to the right. Last night my wife insisted that I go through our weird nearby Wendy's drive-through where the pavement is sloped like crazy to the left and you have to reach way up to the cashier. I've never seen anything like this Wendy's engineering-wise and I always avoid going through it - fearing triggering my leg pain. When I'm alone, I just go inside for takeout, but last night, I thought how will I explain this nutty (?) fear to my wife and it was too hot outside to leave her parked in the car, so I thought that I'd better go through take-through. (I was annoyed with my wife for putting me into this situation - which of course made no sense.) Well, as you might guess, I got leg pain a few minutes later which was extremely intense and is still with me, but to a lesser degree, this morning. Okay, Sarno followers, is this conditioning or is this possible structurally?

Jasper175

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/23/2009 :  09:47:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So what you're saying is when gravity leans you left you're leg hurts? Yet the same pressure just leaning left should cause the same pain. I may not be following your story well.
I think this is TMS. I did Taekwondo for years which uses more leg action than Karate. I don't have any problems except my knees.

You're mind is already programmed to say Wendey's drive through causes pain. Soon anytime your wife now suggests something you don't want may now cause the pain. That's what you need to analyze. Like Sarno said - we're designed to sit and lift and walk. The body is very stable, though we are imperfect and do break down - however pain is oxygen deprivation and it always has been, next to nerves being triggered that something is not connected right (like a finger cut).

Some days I'm pain free , but I'm not pain FREE - I'm a deep mental case. I have OCD, I obsess over things unresolved matters. My problems are deep seated and I tend to cherish my pain because I need it to be there for me to take my mind away from the real hidden emotion pain (Which sucks that we never know what it is) - but the true healing is NOT CARING. GO TO WENDY'S - DRIVE UP and DON'T Let the stupid pain rule you! It wants to be there! But if you just forget the pain and retrain your mind, then healing can occur.

I truly believe that sciatica is 100% TMS. I am sold on Sarno. I have what you have as far as disc issues also. My pain has shifted 5 times and now rests in my neck, shoulder, trap and right knee. That's 5/10 places I had pain. But I think I need therapy.

Some Psychological thoughts I always share: *Always remember "You're not responsible for anyones happiness but your own!" - Your time is your time! You can't fix others! You can only be who you are. Example: Your wife has her own life, you can be there for her but you can't fix her. She would Want to fix herself. You can advise, be caring etc..- but you can't fix her, that's her job. Same thing with friends.

Rob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000