TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 back to report-- success!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jude

14 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  13:09:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I posted a while back about an experience curing RSI a few years ago through an understanding about TMS, I had just found this forum because I was dealing with a new issue. Now I am back to report my new, and hopefully deeper, level of success.

The RSI was a book cure, I read about TMS and my RSI symptoms of many years dropped away in one minute, not to return. Impressive. This past fall, about 3 years after that incident, I developed a mysterious pain in the lower right abdomen. I had just recovered from a piriformis injury on the other side, and wasn't sure whether the two might be connected. I wasn't thinking TMS. But the pain persisted and actually got worse. I considered going to the doctor, but I'm not wild about doctors, so I put that off.

Then one day, as I was seriously on the verge of phoning for an appointment, it just flashed through my mind, what if this is TMS? Understand, I hadn't thought about TMS after the previous cure. But I did have Dr Sarno's book on my shelf. So I picked it up and glanced through. And, voila, the next 10 days were pain free!

During those 10 days, I was delighted with the "cure," and I also told myself if the symptoms returned, I would finally get them checked out.

Well, you guessed it, they returned. And as much or more than before. So I went through a bunch of (costly) ultrasound tests. Everything came back negative. No issue with the ovaries. No appendicitis brewing. Etc. The next step was a colonoscopy. Again I balked -- both for cost and discomfort.

That was about the point where I discovered this forum. So I read a lot and told myself, Okay, this could really be TMS. This time, instead of expecting an instant cure, I'm gonna DO THE WORK.

And I did. First thing, I looked at when the symptoms began. It was right at the peak of the financial crisis last September. Did I have emotions tied to that? You bet. So I worked through that. And I dug for other stuff that was lurking beneath the surface. I read on this forum just about every day. I was patient. Then, one day I got in touch with anger I harbored toward someone no longer in my life in a big way, but anger I had resisted admitting.

Gradually my symptoms reduced. Then they were virtually gone. I would occasionally feel a shadow of them coming back, but each time I recalled TMS, got in touch with emotions, and the pain quickly subsided. I have now gone about a month during which time I can say I did not feel pain at all.

I realize now there is no "cure" to TMS in the sense that what I have experienced is not a "disease." It is a proclivity. And I know that I will have that proclivity for the rest of my life. But that is okay. Because I also know that I can work with it any time it reemerges. I'm not afraid of pain. Nor am I afraid of the emotions.

Thank you all whose posts here have been guideposts along the way for me! Thank you for the community. I may not be here as a regular now, but I am keeping this forum bookmarked and I will definitely stop by to check in!

Peg

USA
284 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2009 :  15:34:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great success story Jude. Thanks for sharing it.

"I realize now there is no "cure" to TMS in the sense that what I have experienced is not a "disease." It is a proclivity. And I know that I will have that proclivity for the rest of my life. But that is okay. Because I also know that I can work with it any time it reemerges. I'm not afraid of pain. Nor am I afraid of the emotions."

Well said. Congratulations.

Best,
Peg

In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual. Galileo Galilei
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000