TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 doing pretty good
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  04:53:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thanx for posting Hillbilly, and the kind words!

It has to feel good to know that the time you spent on the phone with me were not in vain afterall and had an effect on me. I don't know what I can do to thank you for your guys time with me. For now I'll just say thank you for that.

A couple of nuggets that particularily set me on the right track (or got me off the track I was on, maybe the whole idea you need to be on some "track" to heal is the catch 22) that you mentioned was when I mentioned this ocd desire to have a success story, and I knew deep down it was an ego thing, but you relaxed me when you told me your impression of me would'nt change one bit whether I had a success story or not. At that point I realized how much stress is caused to me over what I think others think of me. Even though others have brought that too my attention, something about the way you conveyed it hit home w/ me. I think that was an e-mail response to me.

The other was when you said don't let todays level pain of 4 turn into tommorows 8 or something like that. That helped me get into my system I kind of came up with mentioned in above posts.

I will probably go into more detail about my "journey" (oh God, it's nutbag time...) at some point, or just continue to ramble till everyone gets the idea.

Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  05:03:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
oh yeah, about relating to the deletion of internet sites, and hiding tms and anxiety parahanalia, yeah, the tension was great. I still have the 7-8 journals filled w/ unibomber manifesto like writing of all my so called emotions and stresses that got me no-where and I'm gonna burn them the next time I have a bonfire out back. I'd be horrified if my kids ever read that crap!

And all it did was make me so angry and depressed.

Really quickly, I just want to say that a few things that helped me were books by Tolle, Byron Katie, and "personal underworld" by Kevin Jarvis that helped ease my inner tensions. Also I think about Monte's assertion how if you keep looking for a hidden emotion your'e doomed, and it has to do w/ current thought patterns. And lakevin's last few posts were enlightening.

Geez, I gotta get to work right now, and I want to go on thanking and mentioning everyone (people pleaser, perfectionist) but I'll add more later.

No book, and no author alone will help if you put their technique on a pedestool on guruize them as that will just increase the obsession, but when you get to a point that they all discovered the path to healing along the same lines. Something will click inside yourself.
Go to Top of Page

pandamonium

United Kingdom
202 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  03:10:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
fom all these posts 2 things stand out for me:

accept your TMS (don't fight it)

and

to quote WebDan "what you concentrate on intensifies"

Great news Skizzik, I'm so pleased for you.

Be kind to yourself

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A beginner's guide to psychology: If it's not your mum's fault.... it's your dad's...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000