TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Night grinding
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nor

152 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  08:46:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Anyone been told that they grind their teeth at night and advised to wear a night guard? My DH is a true Sarno fan as well and is convinced its a manifestation of TMS/anxiety outlet. No way I can sleep w/a night guard. Not happening. Any input?
Nor

guej

115 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  10:21:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have the same thing. My dentist is horrified every time I got for a checkup because I am grinding down my teeth so much. I was fitted for a nightguard, took it home, and never wore it. I felt like it was going to pull my teeth out. I'm holding out until I can afford veneers. Until then, I'll be grinding my teeth down to stubs!

I was told I grind my teeth about 2 years ago (before my big back pain syndrome started and well before I understood TMS). My dentist told me people grind their teeth due to stress, anxiety. I wasn't too surprised at the time. The funny thing is, you never really pay a lot of attention to those subtle signs like teeth grinding, little aches here and there, etc. It's only when you get a full blown pain syndrome that lasts and lasts that you start putting the pieces together and raelize that it's all part of a bigger issue (...repressed rage, TMS...)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000