TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS in the news
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Plantweed

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  09:21:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The power of placebo, and a study confounds surgeons...

Is a Common Medical Procedure Unnecessary?
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/05/eveningnews/main5217954.shtml

----------------------

Thousands are suffering and could use some TMS info...

Patients forced to live in agony after NHS refuses to pay for painkilling injections
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/5955840/Patients-forced-to-live-in-agony-after-NHS-refuses-to-pay-for-painkilling-injections.html

Edited by - Plantweed on 08/06/2009 09:21:37

Capn Spanky

112 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  11:10:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love it! Maybe cost cutting concerns will force more of these studies... and maybe some of these doctors will pull their heads out of their a$$e$$ and look for the real cause of the pain.

Well, I can dream, can't I?
Go to Top of Page

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  10:23:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I saw that also, what are these back surgeons going to do now.
I know when I worked at the hosp. we did many so many back surgeries, i often wonder how those patients are doing now.

A guy emailed me the other day and his dad had had 4 back surgeries and was still in great pain, I did recommend dr. Sarno's book. I don't know if he got it or not.

You almost hate to recommend it, as I did to a friend, and he got kinda angry at me for suggesting it was all in his head. But I told him that I didn't think back sx. was the way to go.

I want to add tho there are cases where back surgery is necessary but not for the majority of people.

Edited by - LuvtoSew on 08/07/2009 10:24:19
Go to Top of Page

SarnoFan

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  16:35:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So true. I've lived with socialized medicine and private insurance medicine. Money is a motivator in the latter. It is not the doctors' fault, I believe they mean well. It is the system. It is cutting edge, treatment is given on the spot, but overtreatment is a BIG problem in the U.S.
If you go to the W.H.O. website and look at the stats of all advanced countries in the world (europe, Canada etc.) you will find that although the US has double the medical costs per capita, it also has the lowest life expectancy and highest infant mortality rate! I'm sure it has to do with lifestyle and diet, but the high cost of "over treatment" in this system and missing "the point" is a big problem.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000