TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 Success Stories
 sitting pain
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cindyo6

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  16:30:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i have read that most TMS sufferers are between 30 and 45 or so. well, i am 62. i appear to have TMS. doctors have been no help. MRI shows the usual stuff. i sit for a a living (counselor) and sitting is my most painful position, getting worse and the say progresses. i would love to hear from others who had painful sitting but have had it go away, especially older people. my doctor told me this is just part of aging and i have to learn to live with it. that is just not acceptable, i CAN'T live with it. unless i stay in bed, which isn't an option.  i am grateful for this forum....cindy

cynthia oeser

SarnoFan

USA
72 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  20:08:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TMS has no age limits as we all know. My uncle still works as a tax accountant, sits at a desk and drives around the city. He's in his 80's ! He had back pain in his 60's & 70's. His doctor (in Europe) told him to get active and try swimming. Swimming helped him and his back pain resolved. He had pain for years, therefore it must have been TMS.

My mom got fibromyalgia (TMS) in her late 60's and was put on antidepressants; this helped her. She was under a lot of stress (family issues), is a type A overachiever, suffered a great disappointments and then hated retirement.

It's not a "part of aging". Don't expect most doctors to help. My son is an 18 yr old athlete and they explain his back/hip pain is from playing his high contact sport. They will always try to find an answer to your pain based what would make sense for your age/activity/etc. Because they simply don't know the cause.

There is some unknown tension/frustration you are dealing with. It may help to read some success stories of 60+ TMS sufferers on Dr. Shubiner's website. Hope this helps a bit.

Edited by - SarnoFan on 08/16/2009 20:19:27
Go to Top of Page

cindyo6

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  21:07:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thank you so much for this great reply. it's very encouraging! exactly what i needed. i'm going to his website right now and read some of those posts from us older folks. thank you again. swimming is a possibility.....good idea.....health club nearby. used to belong, haven't been able to use their equipment. might try again, especially try the pool. you're great, sarnofan!

cynthia oeser
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000