TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Dear God letter
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 09/06/2009 :  22:40:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear God (or is it Life, or Body, or Subconscious??)

I am really pissed off with you. I have been doing everything right, including trying to stop doing everything right, and I am still experiencing all kinds of pain and other physical difficulties.

I am trying to practice the Sarno principles, ignoring each new symptom that shows up, working through pain if necessary at the gym, thinking psychological, etc. But the symptoms just come so hot and heavy that I am too disabled to do anything.

Along with my fatigue and about 8 other symptoms (fibromyalgia is just another word for longterm TMS run rampant), I have been feeling depressed and anxious at certain moments like when I can't sleep at 3 am.

Yet even with all this, and some very stressful life circumstances I'm going through, I'm keeping a mostly humorous attitude.

But... what gives? Enough already. Get your Holy Arse in gear and help me out here. I've had enough. Darnit!!

(Hmmm... this is a drastically abridged version but... anyone else want to post their Dear God letter here?)

Love is the answer, whatever the question

Erata

63 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  09:06:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Wavy for this great ‘exercise’ (which is about the only exercise I can handle these days).

Dear God,

Can you please let up on the heavy servings? I’ve got enough ‘challenges’ on my plate and there’s no more room.

Can you help me to pass some of these burdens that I, and others, seem to think I should shoulder, back to those psychopathic and narcissistic individuals to whom they really belong? Specifically, my mother, my estranged husband, my brother…….In fact, please help me to give them back their full load to carry, even if just symbolically, because I’ve carried it for them far too long. Enough already. I’ll be more than happy (well, not 'happy', but I'll try) to take responsibility for my own actions and wrongdoings, even if that means dealing with some reasonable amount of pain.

P.S. About that new agey phrase I keep hearing: “God doesn’t give you any more than you can handle”, did you really say that? Can you either make it true, or tell those who feel the need to speak for you about this to shut up?

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  09:27:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear God,

I CAN'T TAKE ANY MORE! More headaches in the last week than maybe all year!

Yes, you're right... it was also an extremely emotionally stressful week that I couldn't extricate myself from...

oh.. what? You're saying if I can't take any more that I shouldn't? That I need to take all the pressure off myself now and just take the time I need to recover? oh. hmm. OK, yes I could probably do that.

Thanks God!
RSR

PS Thanks, Wavy Soul!
Go to Top of Page

Woodchuck

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  10:35:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't have a specific Dear God Letter, but it is interesting that this is the approach I FINALLY took when I got sober in AA years ago (and also part of my dealing with TMS successfully) after strugglind desperately for about 3 years. I got so tired of NO RESULTS with nice prayers to God. What started me on the "road to recovery" was my prayer that went something like, "Ok, I'm tired of trying to get sober with Your help, so I'll tell you what, how's about I WILL NOT drink not matter what BS you pass along my way! If you want to kill me, then fine, but I WON'T DRINK! Screw it!"

That sounds harsh, but the fact is that since I made that arrogant prayer, I have not had the desire to drink for a single minute for over 23 years. Why? I have no idea. Maybe it was some sort of psychological trick that worked, or that's the kind of tough attitude God wanted to see in me. Who knows, but it really did work and I am incredibly grateful to be sober.

Ken
Go to Top of Page

guej

115 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  11:56:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear God...ditto on the WavySoul letter. I could have written it myself.

Ok, here's a thought to the group. As a lifetime Catholic, I've been telling myself the "God doesn't give you more than you handle" line for awhile now, and it's really starting to tick me off. My problem is, and we can all be honest on the internet, I feel guilty asking God for help with this pain problem. I'm not dying, my kids and husband are healthy, and there are so many other people in so much worse shape than me. A 41 year old mother of 2 in my neighborhood just died of cancer, and so I find it hard to ask God to fix my pain. I feel like if I get relief, maybe he'll turn around and give me or my family something to really be sorry about. I know that is nutty thinking, but it's the way some of us Catholics were brought up. It's as if I believe I don't deserve a miracle when there are so many people out there who need it a lot more than I do.

According to "The Secret", and "Mindpower in the 21st Century", there is an abundance of everything to go around, so by being healthy, you aren't taking health away from someone else. All logical, right, but it needs to sink in.
Go to Top of Page

miche

Canada
283 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  17:19:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand the Wavy Soul letter ,
I also know about the guilt and fear instilled by the Catholic Church, even though I don't practise it was so drilled into me that I also feel I should not ask for relief , after all I have three younger sisters with cancer, is it tempting the Gods to ask for relief of fibro ? superstion ask that I be satisfied with my plight less something worst befall me ....as I write this I realise that it sounds ridiculous ..... yet watching my sister undergoing her second stem cell transplant for cancer put me in a fibro tms flare , too many emotions that I try to suppress in order to be of support .
I am afraid to remind God of my existence , none of my sisters who have cancer ever smoked as I do , one of them is sixteen years younger than I am , so maybe I should write to God after all and thank him for not being worst off than I am , then again acceptance is overrated
Go to Top of Page

2scoops

USA
386 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  18:38:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
By reading some of these posts, I see a lot of fear and rejection. I'm curious to many of your upbringing. It doesn't sound like the people that raised you taught you love, forgiveness and accepted you.

I've heard the line God doesn't give you more than you can handle and many pass that off as a biblical verse and teaching and it's not. The truth is that the bible says that God will not allow us to be tempted for than we can handle.

Jesus came not in the world to condemn, but to save it, to deliver us, to destroy the works of Satan. If there is no sin in God, how can we blame Him? There is only one that walks about through the Earth seeking who he may destroy. There is only one father of lies. He tries to destroy us by ruining our relationship with God, ourselves and others.

I feel bad that many of you have shame and guilt asking God for help. Jesus said He would give us an abundant life, I don't know about you, but that's what I want. If you feel guilty about it, that means you carrying shame, bitterness, fear, rejection, etc. Ask yand ye shall receive, seek and ye shall find, knock and it will be opened to you.
Go to Top of Page

Woodchuck

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2009 :  21:13:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by 2scoops

By reading some of these posts, I see a lot of fear and rejection. I'm curious to many of your upbringing. It doesn't sound like the people that raised you taught you love, forgiveness and accepted you.

--------
In my case, I have probably one of the most stable, loving families one could ever hope for. In fact, I never heard one bitter word between my parents. My sister and I both felt very much accepted and were taught forgiveness and many other great attributes by parental example. That's good, because I can't point a finger at anyone but myself for the alcoholism or any other thing I've put myself through ;)
--------
quote:
I've heard the line God doesn't give you more than you can handle and many pass that off as a biblical verse and teaching and it's not. The truth is that the bible says that God will not allow us to be tempted for than we can handle.

------
Yes, it does say that, but it says a lot of other things too like Luke 14:26/Matt 10:34-35. My point is not to argue religion, and I do have a Christian Theological degree, but to impress upon anyone here to do whatever it takes and I don't think you have to have a particular religious leaning (whether Christianity, Judaism, Islam, etc., etc.) to overcome TMS or any other issue. I think it boils down to aggressively taking responsibility for your own life/actions and stop blaming others and circumstances. That has been working for me for a very long time and I couldn't ask for a more fulfilled and content life, even during times of what I used to consider adversity.

Anyway, that's my take on it. I will not comment any further in this thread because when specific religions are introduced, then it can only alienate others who do not share such specific beliefs ;)

Ken

Edited by - Woodchuck on 09/07/2009 22:13:52
Go to Top of Page

inaned

Bulgaria
28 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  00:23:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Whatever You Are,

Thank you for waking me up. After all pain and discomfort, I finally decided to discover Who I was (am), and what I saw is simply perfect. I accept with gratitude everything in my life and I know all happens for the best. If, for some reason I start forgetting, get busy reminding me!

If you have a plane, fly it, don't use it as a scooter.
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  09:38:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear You

You are the I AM that is thinking all these thoughts, feeling all these feelings, experiencing and manifesting all these absurd alleged bodily symptoms.

Don't you ever get tired of all this crap and just want to play nice?

Oh yes, I forgot, I am that I AM.

(Two can play at that game)

This whole subject is very subjective. It's really just an exercise to release some of the energy of separation that seems to be stuck in my joints and in the space between the thoughts through which I am supposed to be escaping into my Source.

xxx

Go to Top of Page

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  15:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear God,
I love you and dear holy spirit keep me filled to remain faithful in this time of trial, Lord I accept your healing in the name of Jesus.

Dear Devil,
Get the hell out of my life, my house, and leave my family alone.
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2009 :  23:53:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You tell 'em, Luvtosew.

Don't you all love how many belief systems can fit in one Forum harmoniously?

xxx

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000