TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 is age a factor?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

cindyo6

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  20:12:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hello....i am 63 and would like to hear from others who are older and have been "cured" using the TMS approach. it's not that i'm skeptical. i'm actually convinced and open to it, really hoping for relief. it just seems like it might be easier for younger people's bodies to heal than an older one like mine. is this silly?

would also like to hear any details about dr. schubiner's online program, as i'm thinking seriously about doing it. is there a link to testimonials that are on this site? i've seen the ones on his site.

cynthia

cynthia oeser

marsha

252 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  21:13:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If you are waiting for your body to heal you haven't accepted Sarno's TMS theory.
If you are suffering from symptoms of TMS there is nothing wrong with your body. You have to change your thinking or you won't get any where.
Age has nothing to do with TMS. Read MINDBODY PERSCRIPTION or HEALING BACK PAIN.
Marsha age 65
Go to Top of Page

Alex71

USA
8 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  18:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi...I was 71 when TMS hit me. I read Sarno, believed what he said made perfect sense to me. Had 1% doubt (because I cannot determine if the problem was not due to a physical problem), but went to a very good TMS Dr. in Washington, DC. She gave me a thorough exam, read my MRI's and confirmed that I had TMS. I went out to the golf course as soon as I got home, and swung the driver as hard as I could. No pain from that day on. You CANNOT doubt. It does work and you can be pain free. Believe in it! Again age, has nothing to do with TMS.
Go to Top of Page

cindyo6

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2010 :  23:53:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
these are great replies, thank you both for them. i'm starting to get it. i don't have a doctor even near me where i can get a true TMS diagnosis, but im 97% sure i have it. it's the chest pains that cause me doubt, but some tests i had showed nothing significant, so i'm trying to assume there's nothing wrong. if i were younger, symptoms would be easier to ignore. but i'm getting the hang of it. ...cindy

cindy o.
Go to Top of Page

HilaryN

United Kingdom
879 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  09:44:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cindy,

Good to read you're getting the hang of it!

In answer to your earlier question, I don't know if you've already seen this page:
http://tmswiki.wetpaint.com/page/Dr.+Schubiner%27s+online+Mind+Body+Program

Hilary N
Go to Top of Page

skizzik

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  11:29:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with alex71, having said that, and knowing that tms can strike at any age, Sarno places the highest amount of daily stress on average for people ages 30-50. And found most of his patients to be in that age group.

He argues that if pain is from degenerative causes how come chronic pain plagues 30-50 year olds and then drops off as they get older. According to conventional medicine should'nt people then have a linear path into more and more excruciating pain as they get older?

Go to Top of Page

cindyo6

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2010 :  20:27:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hillary, thank you for the link to all the info about dr. schubiner's program. i had not seen all those things. i'm liking the program a lot. i was resistant to the writing at first, but am actually doing it and finding it very powerful. he is so supportive , more than any doctor i've seen in person! ...cindy

cindy o.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000