TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 recent break through - story
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2010 :  00:01:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought it might be good to post a story about a win I had recently that seems to support what Monte H talks about.

As I have written previously I get my pain in the early hours of the morning. I also worry about money heaps, Last night I actually accepted that as part of my personality however I don't have to buy into that worry, especially if it's not helpful. Read "The Happiness Trap" as I am finding it helpful in easing my suffering. Anyway over New Years we went away with some friends and rented an apartment on the sunshine coast in Queensland Aus........nice part of the world might I just add.
I have been sitting around trying to get my business up and running blah blah blah, anyway I had little cash flow. I managed to get some extra work and I said 'great I can use that for my trip' at least I can actually enjoy myself. We went away, and my thoughts were as follows.....I'm here, I have the money to enjoy myself, and I know that when I get back I'll have work and make more money so I have nothing to worry about.....just relax and enjoy. We were away for a total of seven nights and for the first 4-5 I was PAIN FREE! I was sleeping in until 9-10 am and felt great.

"the book" says people usually experience more pain while away, however I experienced less for the first 4-5 nights......I then started to worry about the amount of cash I was burning through and the number of expensive dinners we were having and guess what.......pain came back. Now here's the interesting part. I did NOTHING but change my daily thinking to become pain free......no writing, releasing, focusing on how I felt, anger, past issues etc. I just stopped worrying about a current concern I have......which may or may not be valid. I KNEW things were going to be ok, thus gained relief from my pain. I look back on that event constantly trying to replicate it everyday.....but for whatever reason I just don't seem to be able to do it. I don't really know what the message is that I'm trying to deliver, but maybe the story might just help someone else have a break-through. I find with TMS there is loads of "stuck" time. I get stuck and repeat the same type of useless thinking......I guess this is the minds way of ensuring we don't deal with the emotional side of things.

Anyway constructive feed back is always welcome but I really hope someone can take something away from this story and use it, get results and report back. Makes me believe what Monte H is saying about repetitive toxic thoughts communicating to the nervous system. My pain is related to tightness of the back and when I actually observe my body there seems to be some constant underlying tightness.

For me it appears to be a control issue....perhaps my mind doesn't like uncertainty.

Food for thought!

D

I just stumbled upon this article posted by someone and read the part about fear. I really was able to relate to it, and fear is a big part of my life. Hava read if you haven't already

http://tmswiki.wetpaint.com/page/Relapser's+curse+-+there+is+hope!

Edited by - Darko on 03/17/2010 00:47:17
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000