TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Anyone have Hypoglycemia thats not TMS?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

walnut864

94 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  16:59:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive already searched the boards for "hypoglycemia" and didnt really find what I was looking for. I dont believe for one second my Hypoglycemia is TMS. My glucose actually drops. I was wondering if anyone else had Hypoglycemia without diabetes and what you do to treat it and what triggers it for you.

A little background.
When I was in my mid teens is when I first developed hypoglycemia. I remember playing baketball down the street and then I was hit with some horrible symptoms that I had never experienced. I remember struggling to get home and for some reason I reached for some bread, peanut butter and clover honey. I had no clue that I needed sugar to feel better but for some reason I stuffed my face.

My paternal grandparents both had diabetes and so did all 4 of their children including my dad. Noone on my moms side of the family has it.During my hypochondriac days I had extensive testing on most every organ and blood work to search for any diseases.
Everything always came back normal and I am always told according to the tests I am in great health and everything functions properly.

My waking glucose is in the high 90 mg/dL. If my sugar gets as low as 80 mg d/L I start to feel bad. Ive never dropped lower than low 60 mg/dL and Im at my worst in the 60s. Id hate to see what 40 or 50 felt like.

I havent found what triggers it other than not not eating and I eat alot. I believe I have a high metaboloism b/c I eat and eat and never gain weight.
I have noticed my glucose will drop if I go by my work and get a small cup of coffee. I have to eat with it. The other day I ate a big cinnamon roll with my coffee and a few hours later at Lowe's I had my worst glucose drop ever! So maybe caffeine is one of my triggers?
Also as a kid my parents worked alot and I rarely ever got a home cooked meal. I ate junk food on top if junk food and fast food. I remember as a kid I had 2 Reese's cups every day until they came out with a king size package that had 4 reese cups.

I am 29 now. I was 6ft 4 in. 156 lbs. until about 6 or 7 years ago when I quit smoking. Afer quitting smoking I went from 156 lbs to 220 lbs. Within a year my bodyweight dropped to 208 and I have been 208 lbs every since.

Theres a little background. Now Id like to hear from others who have hypoglycemia without diabetes. Thanks in advance for taking to read my post!

Back2-It

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2010 :  17:16:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
I was wondering if anyone else had Hypoglycemia without diabetes and what you do to treat it and what triggers it for you.

I don't have diabetes; I was just tested last year. But I do have "hypoglycemia".

My triggers: too many carbs, especially in the morning. I try to eat protein in the morning. I also notice a trigger when I'll skip the protein during the day.

Sometimes coffee will trigger, especially when I've missed the protein.

Maybe there was a reason you came home and reached for, among other things, peanut butter.

I'm sure my glucose drops. I don't measure mine. But I do keep a jar of peanuts in the car along with a tin or two of sardines.

I've actually used McDonalds as a drive through "cure".

Good luck.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000