TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 tinnitus and TMS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

matty

10 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  15:49:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ive got rid of back issue,shoulder pain,IBS and now im left with hissing in my right ear.Since i have no reason to feel this is a physical problem Im pretty sure its my tms moving again.any advice on how to deal with this new issue.

matt

wrldtrv

666 Posts

Posted - 04/14/2011 :  20:14:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matt, if you don't have damaged hearing, a tumor, or any other disease, or if you're not on some new med or excessive aspirin...it's pretty likely your tinnitus is psychosomatic. I have had it on/off for many years; mostly off; I went through several years without hearing it at all. For the past several months I have heard it, but I find I'm only aware of it when I am anxious and it is very quiet.

When I first heard it many years ago, I completely freaked and went through all the tests incl brain mri; all normal. The question to ask yourself is, was there a trigger, eg, excessive stress, that could have brought it on? After briefly considering the question, tell yourself it is surely tms and forget it because further analyzing it will only prolong it. Don't try to fight it by masking the sound in any way; that just calls attention to it. Simply acknowledge its presece when you are aware of it and then gently transfer your attention to something external. It is important not to make the tinnitus too important. It is just another bit of passing phenomena that deserves only fleeting acknowledgment.
Go to Top of Page

art

1903 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2011 :  07:08:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ignore tinnitus. Most of the time I'm able to just forget about it. In effect anyway, it goes away.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000