TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 I really feel hopeless
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lara

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  17:15:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I am trapped,i don't know what to think or believe anymore,for the last 5 days i am having horrible pain,and a depression that is scaring me a lot.Why i am not getting any better? why? i did accpeted that this is TMS,even tough now one dr is saying i also have SIJD,is it possible that i have a physical condition undiagnosed? my right leg is shorter than my left ,sacral pain,rectal pain,pain with sitting ughh i can't take it anymore..

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  19:39:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lara,
I have been completely lost in depression and pain a couple of times.....to the point I was suicidal so I understand what you're going through. I will give you the ONLY thing that works.....period!

First things first...you have to get control of that "thing" between your ears.
quote:
I am trapped,i don't know what to think or believe anymore

You HAVE TO change this situation if you want to get better. Start thinking some positive thoughts and start believing some positive things. DO NOT believe what your mind is telling you because it's rubbish! You have to control the thoughts produced by your mind

Beliefs are just thoughts you think are real....change them to beliefs that serve you better! ( Whatever the belief is the mind will look and see evidence in the world to support the belief )

When you get a negative thought, say to your mind "thanks for sharing but I choose to believe .............(whatever serves you better)"

I could go on and on, but from my experience this is where people lose the game. Forget about your pain because there is nothing you can do about it right now except manage it, so make peace with it and focus on getting your mind right.

I simply CANNOT stress this enough to you.....your battle with TMS/depression is going to be won or lost in your head, NOT in the outside world in any shape or form. Read that last sentence again and again until you feel positive, happy and at ease. Once you truly understand the message in that sentence you will get that the work in done in your head and you can control what happens in your head......thus YOU CAN WIN! Is it easy? not at first....but you must beat your mind into submission or your life will be miserable!

I don't know how to make it anymore black and white for you. This is the only way that works! The mind is a BS producing machine and will send you crazy with pain and negative thoughts if you allow it.

If you really commit to my advice, then I promise you results. What is the almost certain future of the path you're on right now?? Pain, depression, pills, suffering are surely going to be a high probability. You have to change paths to get a different result......it's up to you now, you have to do the work in your head and get your mind right. The mind controls the body, there is nothing wrong with you except an out of control mind :-)

listen to this, and look into his work further. He was doing research on stem cells back in the 60's or 70's.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwOvg1rJfcM&feature=related

Good luck!

D

Edited by - Darko on 02/12/2012 19:45:55
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2012 :  21:23:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lara, Sorry to hear of your despair. See a TMS doctor or a TMS therapist for a consult even by phone. Below is a recent post here from one who does phone consults. Call her.

"Deborah Conley

Posted - 01/24/2012 : 11:08:08
I am a licensed clinical social worker with over 25 year experience who has also recovered from 20 years of TMS pain. I have an office in Lexington and I see TMS patients for coaching and education, primarily. I specifically help people with the reprogramming necessary to thwart the brain's strategy. I can be reached at debbyconley@gmail.com or 978-505-3003. I ask folks to read Sarno's books prior to contacting me as I am not a physician and cannot convince anyone they have TMS. I also went through Sarno's classes in New York. I have been pain free for a number of years.

Deborah Conley"
Go to Top of Page

Joy_I_Am

United Kingdom
138 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  09:14:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Lara, I have had all of these. All of them. I have had osteopaths tell me that one of my legs is shorter than the other, and to wear their special orthotics (boy, were they expensive!) I convinced myself I couldn't walk without them - a barefoot stroll on the beach was out, the pleasure of feeling the sand between my toes... I had to wear the damn plastic in my shoes. Of course, the camber of the beach went one way when I was walking up it and the other way when I was walking back... other people were walking there with no problem, despite us all having the effect of 'one leg shorter than the other'... why? Because we are built to adapt to things, not to walk on perfectly flat terrain all the time! Our bodies are more robust than we realise.

Unless we're anxious or depressed, of course. This is always what makes me feel sick. Of course, we need to address the anxiety and depression, I have every sympathy and concern for you there. But just to get you through, maybe you'd like to try what I'm doing at the moment which is having a Pretend Day - I am pretending to be deliriously happy and accepting of myself - grateful just to be alive, on a half-decent part of this planet, with food, a roof and internet access! This, for me today, is enough. There may be future days when I can start to take on the world, catch up on things that need doing, but for now, this is a Mental Health day! My Number One project is to raise my mood - this is task enough in itself.

I am doing this because I have had sinusitis for six weeks. In those six weeks I have tried every over-the-counter remedy I can buy... I have steamed and rinsed and squirted my sinuses, I have eaten scrupulously well and swallowed vitamins and tried to work out, or to rest... nothing changed. So I have put all those remedies away now and am going to rely on raising my mood. Today I have, for example, read a chapter of a novel instead of cleaning the shower, had a comforting bowl of soup instead of a carefully-calibrated 'good' and nutritious salad, and been for a slow walk instead of my usual 'must raise my pulse rate' power-walk. Can you go for a hot chocolate in a cafe and watch the world go by? Buy yourself a magazine or a funny film? Just to get the endorphins trickling? Look, you're depressed, you poor lamb - you damn well deserve a treat!

And if that doesn't work, at least you've tried it and had a nice couple of hours!

Warmest wishes to you Lara,

Joy
Go to Top of Page

lara

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  17:58:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Thank you so much guys,i am still struggling with my pain
but a bit more positive now.
When do i get off of medications? i am taking 900 mg of neurontin daily,4 mg of valium and a antiflamatory called diflunisal 500mgx2 a day.
I started journaling just 3 days ago,and being more active.
i walked yesterday one hour and today 45 minutes ,i think that is a progress isn't it? is it ok to use ice pad on the site of pain? or a heating pad? what else can i do apart from journaling in order to get rid of this horrible pain caused by my own mind?

Thank you for helping me through this living hell.,that i know i will defeat .

Lara
Go to Top of Page

TaylorJoh

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  21:21:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Lara,

This is just my opinion as I've gone through ceasing some medication. I'm still on neurontin and tramadol. I would not even think about stopping the benzo at this time. That can cause severe withdrawal and that is the last thing you need right now. If you are still in pain, which you say you are, I would continue to take the pain medication. Don't make things harder on yourself. There is nothing wrong with taking the medications where you're at now. You're still struggling with pain, anxiety and depression. Things can only get worse if you stop your meds. Someone gave me some good advice on this board. This isn't a race and be kind to yourself. When you start to get off your meds, take it VERY SLOW on the benzo and neurontin. I'm not sure what the other one is, but definitely talk to your doctor before stopping it. Some meds you need to taper off of and it can be dangerous to suddenly stop taking them.

Just keep doing the TMS work and you will know when you are ready. However long it takes, that is what it will take. There is no rush.

Taylor
Go to Top of Page

Darko

Australia
387 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  22:08:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Taylor. We always have to have things "look" a certain way.....and if they don't then we generate negative emotions around it. Lara how would you feel if where you are right now is PERFECT and exactly where you need to be??!!

It is what it is, and it's perfect for you, so allow it and stop resisting the situation......NOTHING is permanent. This is temporary, just focus on the work harder than ever and give yourself permission to take as long as you need. When the time is right you know when to ease off the meds.....

Just focus on the work

D
Go to Top of Page

lynnl

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  12:29:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had been taking pain pills for 3 years or so before I discovered and started reading and applying "Healing Back Pain", though they were only marginally effective.

I certainly did not cease taking them, and found that taking the pills in no way interfered with my 'recovery.'

I think the key point is being able to discern which is responsible for improvement. That was easy in my case, because the pitifully small pain relief that three years of pill use had brought me was trivial compared to the relief I got from the Sarno psychological therapy regimen.

Lynn

Edited by - lynnl on 02/28/2012 12:36:54
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000