TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Now Im being silly2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  15:25:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dedicated to Avik: may his neck become the least of his worries.

How I view the Charlie Horse on my neck; It has a character all of its own, so I will personify it.

I currently reside in Andy’s neck and my main task has been to distract him from unpleasant anxious emotions that collect in his fear and rage pool. These could derive from either his poisonous past family and childhood, his appetite for daily stress, or his peculiar personality since he is meticulous and a formidable worrier.

We have been fighting for years, but this Charlie is well equipped to carry on for years to come. For you see Andy has all three conditions of what those amateurs out there call TMS. My skills are that I just don’t listen, and I use confusion to keep my cover. I’m winning right now, but I do have some concerns about my future.

You see, in the year 2000 I spent more time in his lower back, I just visited his neck on holidays and weekends, I’m freelance, and can go anywhere I please. I can just hitch a ride on any nerve path and often investigate new sites, but I’m really happy where I am right now, and don’t see the point of moving.

In 2000 we had an absolutely nasty row caused by daily stress in his work place. He actually walked out of his lucrative job in a hissy fit. I made it so bad for him he went to see a doctor who didn’t really know what was going on, she could not explain his back pain. Oh, he had bulged discs, X- rays and MRIs galore.

Am I not skilled? Two areas to keep him from discovering what is really going on, her lack of knowledge and those silly images of bones and tissue. To add to this she prescribed two anti-depressants at the same time! Wow I was in seventh heaven, I remember I had a wonderful party; he actually stated that these tablets made him the most confused and frightened he’d ever been. I take this as a huge compliment for he was a professional ex-alcoholic, and really knew what mental confusion was.

I was in for a big shock, for two days later he really gave his brain a good talking to; this is where I get my orders and communications from, my sort of command center. I do have certain weaknesses, being recognized for what I am: “a mere distraction” is the main one.

That morning he became calm, serene and collected after a good night of sleep. He’d taken a Tylenol PM and I couldn’t mess with him like I normally do at night. He beat me with shock and awe by becoming happy. Even worse, he then went jogging in the park with his wife. I can’t tell you how much effort I have put into keeping him fearful of jogging. I’d spent years convincing him this was dangerous for his so called pinched nerve.

He evicted me then really well, and I have no influence in the sciatica region any more. Yes, I’ve tried to go there on and off, but all to no avail. He just knows, really, really knows I’m false, no substance, just a distraction.

So what is a homeless evicted pain to do? I returned to his neck, and laid low for a while. I say “a while” which, was actually about ten years, I don’t know what this “time” thing is.

I’ve had to keep a low profile, Andy has been combating me with ten years of windsurfing in the summer. Between the months of May and August he goes into a sort of happiness bubble. Nothing bothers him he’s too busy windsurfing or chatting about windsurfing with his friends. You could hit him with a baseball bat and he’d just laugh. He must have learned this distraction thing from me or that furum thing, now I’m really getting worried!

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Taking a break from Wiki Edu. due to windsurfing priorities
Charlie horse on neck for 20 years. (to be evicted soon.)
Books: Healing Back Pain
& Unlearn your Pain

Edited by - andy64tms on 05/28/2012 15:27:10

Composer

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  17:57:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
“I have given a name to my pain and call it 'dog': it is just as faithful, just as obtrusive and shameless, just as entertaining, just as clever as any other dog—and I can scold it and vent my bad moods on it, as others do with their dogs, servants, and wives.”

-Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2012 :  19:32:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy, I love it.

And Charlie you had better watch out coz Andy is on to you in a big way. It may be time to leave graciously while you can & as soon as you can and this time DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT COMING BACK.

Good Luck & Good Health
Mala

Edited by - mala on 05/28/2012 20:00:51
Go to Top of Page

bryan3000

USA
513 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2012 :  00:26:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This was great, Andy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic