TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 A Great tms book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Aussie

Australia
87 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2012 :  23:53:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I only just became aware that an Australian Psychologist has now written a tms book.
This is a huge step and the first published book on the matter from this side of the world. Im about half way through and it is one of the best books iv'e read on the subject and much like some of the other great books it's written by a former tms sufferer who overcame decades of chronic pain through Sarno's books.

I have found it very easy to read and am very impressed with the chapter on getting better.
A great step in the right direction and exciting to see some people over here are starting to get why pain just wont go with out dated treatments.

I purchased the E book myself which is only a few dollars which is on the link below.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-hidden-psychology-of-pain-dr-james-alexander/1113121761

eric watson

USA
601 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  06:30:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats great aussie-keep on the straight path/keep me posted and if you have any question were here/you can e mail me if you have too-so excited that your excited,this is the energy that heals...
Go to Top of Page

mchan

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  07:28:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just bought the ebook, I am having surgery next week so it will be nice to have something to read.

Love Wins.
Go to Top of Page

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  07:41:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just got the Great Pain Deception but thank you.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  07:41:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It says you have to reside in the US to purchase it. Their website reads: "! You must have a credit card billing address within the US or its territories, including US Military sites, to receive this item. We currently do not support non-US billing addresses."

Edited by - shawnsmith on 11/30/2012 07:45:04
Go to Top of Page

Aussie

Australia
87 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  11:00:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's kinda weird.. I purchased it with no dramas and just downloaded the PDF attachment. I don't have a US credit card either..
Go to Top of Page

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  11:22:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did read alot of it on Amazon, the preview was lenghty, is sure sounded good. The Great Pain deception is also very good so far also.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  14:14:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aussie

That's kinda weird.. I purchased it with no dramas and just downloaded the PDF attachment. I don't have a US credit card either..

Ok, I put in a US address and got it. Probably will get a call from my CC company

Edited by - shawnsmith on 11/30/2012 14:26:13
Go to Top of Page

Aussie

Australia
87 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  16:16:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to the authors website... http://drjamespsychologist-com.webs.com/

The more Im reading of this book the more Im liking it. His website has some good info to.
Go to Top of Page

LuvtoSew

USA
327 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  04:16:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What does it download to your computer? I have no idea what nook is.
I'm lucky to just use the internet. And its only 3 something?
Also do you save it in your computer? Sorry for asking so many questions.
Go to Top of Page

Aussie

Australia
87 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  05:16:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once you purchase you get the option to download it a few different ways.. The easiest is to download the PDF file to your desktop.. Very simple. The ebook is only a few dollars.
Go to Top of Page

shawnsmith

Czech Republic
2048 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  05:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It only give me one option for downloading. I had to set up a Nook account, which is annoying.
Go to Top of Page

Jilly

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  14:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is it giving approximately the same prescriptions for recovery ?
Go to Top of Page

Aussie

Australia
87 Posts

Posted - 12/02/2012 :  23:13:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well they are all reasonably similar in a way.. This is very detailed though with sections for the reader to fill out. Every book probably influences people in different ways but this one would have to be one of the more detailed and modern looks at tms.

Go to Top of Page

Jilly

USA
40 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  12:43:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank You so much I will check it out
Go to Top of Page

pspa123

672 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  14:57:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I posted a thread but did not get any response yet -- any comments about this author's apparent endorsement (from reviewing table of contents) of EFT (emotional freedom technique) which I always thought was hokum in the same category as Matrix Energetics and Quantum Touch?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000