TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Calming Tools ??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

All1Spirit

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  06:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would really appreciate sharing what affirmations or other calming tools you have used.

Thanks for responding

Racer

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  06:30:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have heard about calming techniques only. I doubt how tools can handle the rage in mind.
Go to Top of Page

All1Spirit

USA
149 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  06:47:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know several of the TMS programs suggest affirmations and meditation/skilled relaxation. It appears to be critical to work from many different angles

Around and Around the Circle We Go

The Answer Sits In The Middle and Knows
Go to Top of Page

Racer

USA
129 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  08:06:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Besides meditation and breathing techniques, if you are really looking for a tool, may be give a try with Rosary to chant something. If you are a non believer of God, you can still chant with the name you like. Any chanting and the counting with Rosary does keep the focus away from the annoying pain.

A while ago, I posted a youtube link from Ann West, once suffered from chronic pain, seem to have relieved. She tries chanting while walking.

http://www.tmshelp.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8046

Edited by - Racer on 02/08/2013 08:07:39
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  09:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

DR. SARNO'S 12 DAILY REMINDERS: www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0dKBFwGR0g
Go to Top of Page

pan

United Kingdom
173 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  11:28:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Running does it for me. Running like a loon doing fartlek and intervals and pushing myself until I can taste the blood in my teeth. I also do a lot of hiking and find that a relaxing mountain hike with friends just chatting away amongst nature is very therapeutic.

Edit: in actual fact, thinking about it I think getting back involved with an outdoors lifestyle, getting fresh air, feeling the sun and just connecting nature as opposed to the artificial bull**** we are expected to bond with nowadays made a huge step towards my recovery. I try and follow a paleo lifestyle which advocates a lifestyle closely entwined with nature and I do find this has returned a lot of perspective back onto my day to day life.

Wake me up with your amphetamine blast
Take me by the collar and throw me out into the world
Rock me gently & send me dreaming of something tender
I was brought here to pay homage to the beat surrender

Edited by - pan on 02/08/2013 11:32:12
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2013 :  20:08:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would normally try to be with other people. When there are people around me I have to be "normal", I have present myself the the best way, I have to look calm and confidence. I found that although inside I feel terrible and panic, but by acting calm, happy, and confidence, after awhile my body actually would comply and I start to calm down and feel more confidence for real.

Some other tools I have used with positive results are:
- deep breathing exercise: very simple, just breathing deeply and slowly and said to myself: "breath in, I'm living". Then slowly breath out and say: "breath out, I'm smiling".
- the power of making choices. I would just talk to myself and tell myself that: I am not going to fear this. Whatever happen will happen, and I'm not going to be affraid. It shall pass. Then just go on with life as normal.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000