TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Happy - the documentary
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jennypeanut

103 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2013 :  23:16:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have any of you seen "Happy", a documentary film currently on Netflix? Pretty interesting how they connect "happy" people with long lives. Also the research they present on what makes a person "happy" and how that contradicts with what people generally think will make them happy. Basically they discuss the idea that circumstances (good or bad) have very little to do with overall happiness. Anyway, just wondering if anyone has seen it and had thoughts from the TMS perspective.

gigalos

Netherlands
310 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2013 :  04:42:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One thing comes to mind, because it is fresh in my memory:

I just spoke the other day with our janitor at work. She told me that a couple of weeks ago her long time ill husband came to her and basically told her he wanted out. She got very worried and depressed about losing her loved one and how she could manage her life and work without him. One day though when she hit rockbottom, she suddenly realized that she didn't want to worry anymore and just live with the moment. If her husband wanted out, she would/could not put anymore of her much needed energy in worrying or trying to talk him out of it. It was like a huge weight fell of her. She seemed more energetic and happy than the last half year that I saw her. I complimented her with such a brave decision.

So it's not (entirely) the circumstances that determine your 'happiness', but how you decide to deal with the circumstances.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000