TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 New article.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  12:09:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This following article in my mind supports that baldness is a TMS equivalent

Male Pattern Baldness and Heart Risk: Location Matters
By Amy Orciari Herman

Male pattern baldness — in particular, baldness at the crown of the head — is associated with increased risk for coronary heart disease, according to a meta-analysis in BMJ Open.

Researchers examined data from six observational studies that included nearly 37,000 men. After adjustment for age, smoking, and other cardiac risk factors, severe baldness was associated with a significant increase in risk for CHD, relative to no baldness (relative risk, 1.3). When the location of baldness was taken into account, vertex baldness (even mild in nature) was significantly associated with CHD, while frontal baldness was not.

The authors write that traditional cardiac risk factors, such as hypertension and smoking, might affect both baldness and heart disease, making baldness a potential marker of atherosclerosis. They add: "It has also been postulated that baldness is linked to CHD by mechanisms such as hyperinsulinemia, chronic inflammation and increased peripheral sensitivity to androgens."

Back2-It

USA
438 Posts

Posted - 04/05/2013 :  23:08:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I must have first heard this at least 30 years ago, when it was just conjecture. It seemed to make some degree of sense, blood flow and all that.

I think the main heart problem is the lack of socialization, community, failure of institutions --government, church, marriage-- that are the main factors in "dis-ease". I believe Dr. Dean Ornish has drawn some similar conclusions about his heart program; that diet counts; that exercise and meditation or calming or prayer is important, yes; but that those who participating to a fuller degree in the support groups had the most success.

I know it is not always the case, but it has been my experience that it is mainly anglo people who have the chronic pain problems to a greater degree and other maladies related to anxiety, anger and isolation, because they have no village and no tribe and no extended family, who can step in when those closest to us cannot or will not.

"Bridges Freeze Before Roads"

Edited by - Back2-It on 04/05/2013 23:12:12
Go to Top of Page

Peregrinus

250 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2013 :  05:36:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

"It has also been postulated that baldness is linked to CHD by mechanisms such as hyperinsulinemia, chronic inflammation and increased peripheral sensitivity to androgens."

Ace:
Hyperinsulinema is the most under reported serious health risk and I suspect the leading direct cause of CHD (coronary heart disease). It has been known for a long time that insulin causes inflamation and blockage of arteries.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000