TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 PMP Cancer
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page  
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2013 :  14:08:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Mala,

Thank you for thinking about me.
I agree with your sentiments. Perhaps I got a little side tracked when reading my friend Bruce comments in my last post. I am an engineer type and think best with a pencil in my hand, sometimes a little slow on the uptake. I express my thoughts in sketches in order to comprehend. So when I get something deep it’s quite a joyous occasion.

Since her surgery is somewhat experimental and investigational in nature, we just had some good news today while the surgeon took a break, one of her main concerns will be alleviated and this news is most welcome. Our tension is lifting, I just heard Sheila laugh while on the phone.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2013 :  14:11:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi RSR from Canada,

Thank you for your wishes. I think we have contributed together before and I have read many of your posts. Yes I agree with your name, I like it very much, as it reminds us to have more soothing, fun and games in our lives. In our pain and anxiety we often forget this.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2013 :  17:22:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good news,

my sister in law is out from surgery, without giving details I’ll say it was considered very successful. She is in ICU with a full time nurse to take care of her. My nephew described her nurse as: “lovely and extremely accommodating”. I can think at this time of Balto’s comments that like personalities attract, as it indeed seems to be so.

The story comes through that my sister in law turned down the offer of a private room that was somehow available, choosing to chance to make friends and be with others. True to her personality she connected with the lady in the next bed who will encounter the same operation, she added to her existing cluster of friends that she holds dear. She considers the importance of remaining social despite the discomforts of where she is- indeed a wonderful asset for her recovery.

So as we heave a sigh of relief and breathe deep with relief and satisfaction, we give thanks for this day that brings hope for another tomorrow.

At the same time as these events are happening my neighbor, who lives a life of excess is currently on his 36 surgery, I give thanks to Dr. Andrew Weil, his reference to Dr Sarno’s book “Healing Back Pain”, and this forum for the help I’ve had, least I fall into that never ending pit of elective surgeries.
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 10/29/2013 :  20:09:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy that's really great news.

Could u pls go to the headache post. I have asked u something there?

Mala

"It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know
what sort of disease a person has." ~ Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Mala Singh Barber on Facebook
Go to Top of Page

altherunner

Canada
511 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2013 :  19:51:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i saw on a dca treatment site some one treating pmp cancer with dca.
i had never heard of it before.
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  00:19:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Al the runner,

Thank you so much for this post. We now have a whole bunch of links to go through, some of them connecting DCA with PMP Cancer.
I found a video of an interview with the chief research officer at the University in Canada that you listed and also came across the outrage in Belgium because it is not available there.

So my wife and I have much research to weed out the informative sites. We will send these to my sister in laws daughter in the UK who happens to be a doctor for her review as there is are dangers of mixing drugs etc.

So thanks to you we are on the research road. I hope your work and health situation has improved.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception

Edited by - andy64tms on 11/03/2013 00:20:42
Go to Top of Page

Carole

USA
49 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  07:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy!
Wonderful news about your Sister-in-Law!
Thanks for the update.

Rinkey
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  09:47:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andy,
just saw your good news. thanks for letting us know!
sending all good wishes for your sister-in-law's ongoing recovery and as you continue to support her with all your heart, too.
RSR
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  10:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Ace,

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.

My absence from the Forum since February was partly because I needed to shelter myself from the shear abundance of radical and frightening inputs regarding my sister in law's serious Cancer. We had to wait months for her to be strong enough to have the surgery. Both my wife and I carried daily anxiety every time we discussed it. This was not good as we needed to portray good vibes and support to our family member.

Coming back, it was not my intention to be so prominent on the Forum, but as time drew near and the surgery performed I have felt better about doing this. Indeed I have being sort of affirming and distressing many of my thoughts this way with a flurry of inputs from Andy64tms.

Here is the email I sent you last week, the message still stands:

Hi Ace (John),
Firstly, I hope you don’t mind me writing to this email as I notice your address is blocked on the TMS forum.Since February we have been dealing with Cancer in my family. My sister in law who lives in the UK contracted PMP cancer; she endured a hysterectomy to remove a large mass and the appendix where this cancer originated. She was told to go away get fit, in preparation for a second operation on the 29th October which is upon us.

I have been reluctant to post on the Forum or indeed ask you for support. However I did post recently. My wife Sheila and I feel we have enough information on this cancer, as the statistics are startling. We realize the surgery she will endure is quite unique, experimental and somewhat exploratory, and that the surgery and time in ICU are a huge hurdle to actually survive. My sister in law’s daughter happens to be a GP in the UK and admitted to not knowing the details.

So my difficulties are how to handle this new situation bearing in mind she is not a TMS believer. My research on the forum took me to Jared’s post and your helpful discussion with him. Thanks for your passionate prose and narrative it really helped.
So with politeness I wanted you to know I am using your name and references in my discussions. I fully understand if you choose or are not able to join in.
Regards Andy

The continued lack of information is our most immediate issue. In our minds we have been over every scenario possible as to what is happening from computer malfunctions to crossed Internet wires and attempts at consolidating our thoughts. We need to get away from the computer, so:
We have just decided to use the distraction theory and go to Santa Barbara for a walk on the pier, fresh air, lunch and perhaps a glass of wine for my wife. What else can we do? This too shall pass.

Thank you Carole and RSR,

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception

Edited by - andy64tms on 11/03/2013 10:16:50
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2013 :  20:59:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No news should have been regarded as good news and our two days of worry were unfounded!

Anxiety seems to grasp anything that’s bothering you and pump it up out of all proportions. Since we were both very worried we were obviously feeding each other doubt and concern with questions and statements to each other and images of the very worst that could happen, typical TMS anxiety. I’m used to dealing with my anxiety with some form of counter action that reduces or eliminates it, in this case no actions were available and I was on unfamiliar territory.

My nephew swapped sitting positions with his sister, in his relief to be away from the hospital forgot to read his emails. His sister is a GP, so her mother is in better hands than ever, so we are duly soothed and his apologies were accepted with relief. Our distracting and soothing trip to Santa Barbara worked as I hoped it would, and we were greeted with good news from the device that emits emails via a fully functioning internet.

From the sunny pier in Santa Barbra my wife and I toasted her sister, our relationship and the good people of the TMS forum.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

Ace1

USA
1040 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  02:15:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andy ,
Even though the treatment of tms makes our bodies healthy, it does not prevent you from grieving or encountering hardships in life. The secret to preventing the hardships of life from turning into disease in the body is total acceptance of whatever situation arises. Believe it or not sometimes the acceptance allows for change. The acceptance I discuss here is not a logical acceptance but one where the body doesn't strain to the situation. Another not so obvious point is too much excitement even about a good life event can shoot your nerves as well and cause disease. What I have just said is not easy and takes a lot of practice. I'm still practicing myself. Somehow this faith does help turn the situation around in the long run. Regardless, I'm happy to hear the good news. I hope I was able to answer your question.
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  06:35:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Andy, very good to hear!

Sending your whole family thoughts of peace and support as you all weather this very challenging time together!

~RSR
Go to Top of Page

balto

839 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2013 :  07:24:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ace1

The secret to preventing the hardships of life from turning into disease in the body is total acceptance of whatever situation arises.

In my opinion, acceptance is the most important step in overcome (and prevent) all mind body ills. Acceptance stop the fight and flight respond. It create peace, calm, and content in our mind which lead to healing.

Thanks Ace and best wishes to your family Andy.

------------------------
No, I don't know everything. I'm just here to share my experience.
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2013 :  09:34:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you Ace, RSR and Balto,

My sister in law is still in the ICU, but the good news is she is gradually being detached from all those tubes and medical attachments, being under morphine she is not coherent yet so we have had no words from her. Her surgery was exactly 7 days ago, so we have had time to absorb and accept where she is and think she is well qualified to do the same. Her son and daughter are extremely positive, caring and alert to her needs, so we are hopeful.

Thank you for your thoughts, wishes and prayers.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2013 :  17:12:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is with great relief that we heard positive news about my sister in law today. She is eating, reading and chatting to others in the same ward as well as becoming mobile once again, all very good signs of recovery. Her pain has come down to a manageable level so the worst is over for her.

Having gone through the first surgery in February I am sure she understands the long road of recuperation and discomfort ahead of her. All in all, she was in intensive care for twelve days due to add on procedures that were deemed necessary and will potentially be released from hospital very soon.

We are all very thankful for the specialized treatment she received and the chance for her to recover.

Thank you for all your messages of support and love.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2013 :  18:38:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great news, Andy !! Thanks for letting us know.
Sending all best wishes for her continued recovery.
~RSR
Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2013 :  22:17:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Andy, glad things are getting better, have a glass of wine or two.

Regards,
tt
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2013 :  22:38:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I picked up the phone today to hear: “Hi Andrew this is Maureen, I’m home from hospital”.

What wonderful words to actually hear, the two weeks in ICU, four weeks in hospital is over. My eyes watered in sheer relief as she is alive and speaking.

She has survived what has been described “The mother of all cancer surgeries”! We will take any prognosis offered, as she says that she is so fortunate and blessed to have had this treatment at a rate of 100 a year out a of a population of 54 million. We give thanks.

Andy
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000