TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 TMS - our best friend?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

verdammt

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  12:45:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is related to my alcohol-TMS-eczema post, but I want to keep it separate.

Here's the concept:

I believe TMS combined with alchohol caused my eczema, and alcohol makes the condition worse. If I want the eczema to go away, all I have to do is stop drinking. It seems to be working.

Now here's what hit me as sort of profound: TMS is directly responsible for keeping me away from alcohol. In the long run, I'll be much healthier. I'll lose weight, sleep better and I won't destroy my liver. I'll probably live longer.

So...Is it possible that we're reading TMS all wrong? Rather than seeing it as a malicious gremlin out to torture and destroy us, could it actually be a friend within, trying desperately to save us?

diverlarry

USA
44 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  15:21:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if we have TMS wrong. Abuse of anything is usually a way of avoiding things. I was drinking a lot becasue of TMS back pain. It was a easy way to numb out not to deal with whats really wrong. For me the devil TMS was a wakeup call. Although it took a long time to wake up.
Go to Top of Page

Allan

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  18:41:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Verdammt.

My last posting suggested that TMS pain is a positive signal that one is doing something wrong and that something should be corrected such as the underlying anger or anxiety. I used the old example of putting one's hand on a hot stove and receiving pain, a positive signal that something is wrong and that the corrective action is to take one's hand off the stove.

Who knows? Too simplistict? In your recent case it seems to be that TMS pain could have been a positive corrective signal.

Dr. Sarno was the pioneer. It leave others to build on his findings.

Allan.

A\
Go to Top of Page

verdammt

Canada
97 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2005 :  19:21:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Allan,

I remember your previous post very well! Everyone should read it. I think it pointed me in this positive direction.

It all seems to make sense. There's an old expression, "Pain is nature's way of telling you something is wrong."

Dr. Sarno might phrase it, "TMS is your body's way of telling you something's wrong (but not structurally!)"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000