TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Interesting (good) TMS experience
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tunza

New Zealand
198 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2014 :  01:45:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone,

I just had to share an interesting thing that happened to me. I have had a couple of years of discomfort in my gallbladder/liver area. Not sore enough to warrant immediate investigation but when it stuck around for so long (coming and going at random and seemingly unrelated to what I ate or drank) the doctor and I decided it might be prudent to have a scan of the area.

He said I would go on the waiting list for a scan so it might be a few months before it was done. I was fine with that as it hadn't got any worse over time but it did niggle at me in my mind. This is because I felt I had no control over it and worried that it might be something sinister or if it was gallstones I might be in for sudden pain at any time.

Well the wonderful thing is that my last memory of any discomfort in that area is from a week or so before that appointment. In other words, the mere fact that someone was going to check the area was enough to stop the TMS. Because that's what I now am sure it was. It makes sense to me in light of what I have learned about mindfulness. If you have a worry about a part of your body your brain causes you to activate the nerves in that part and therefore you might feel sensation where there is no problem. I think what happened in my case is that a problem I had with my liver a few years ago caused the initial sensation in that area and when the liver came right (shown on my liver tests) the nerves had been activated and they were easy to keep "sore" just with the worry in my mind.

This mind-body thing is crazy isn't it?

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2014 :  11:27:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good observation. TMS is a clever process and will give you the symptoms most likely to make you believe there is a real physical problem.

Nevertheless, you should go through with the scan, just to be sure. It is important to rule out any serious disease or illness.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000