TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Bungee jump
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tmsjptc

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2014 :  10:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Haven't been on the forum for a while. Still experiencing TMS symptoms but they are greatly reduced in frequency and severity. Decided this past weekend to truly push past the fear of physical activity and go for a bucket list item. Despite many well-intentioned people telling me beforehand "what about your back and neck", I assured myself that I could do this. I did a five mile hike to the "bridge to nowhere" in Southern California, did two bungee jumps off the bridge, and then hiked five miles back out. It was awesome! I did experience some symptoms afterwards but I assured myself I was fine. This morning I woke up with some muscle soreness (I normally sit at a desk so 10 miles of hiking was quite a shock to the body) but otherwise felt great. Just thought I'd share a bit of encouragement with the group - you CAN still live your life and get through this!

MatthewNJ

USA
691 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2014 :  14:21:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tmsjptc,

What a great success story. Is your whole story posted anywhere?

Matthew
Less activated, more regulated and more resilient.
Ferretsx3@comcast.net

Organizer of TMSwiki.org/chat
Go to Top of Page

tmsjptc

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2014 :  13:04:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Matthew, I titled it "it took 8 months but I have my life back" and put it in the success stories here. But, I'm still engaged in "TMS recovery" - meaning that I'm better than I used to be but not 100% yet. When I get there, I intend to write a full story about the journey and what worked and didn't work for me. Tom
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000