TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 how i cured myself
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  12:01:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
1. I figured out I was my own worst enemy
2. I started caring about myself
3. I stopped worrying about other peoples problems(sounds selfish, but it my life no one elses, and as far as im concerned, you only get one life)
4. I stopped worrying about what other people think about me.
5. I went and got arm tattoss that I always wanted.
6. heres the big one: I bought a motorcycle, something that I have always wanted to do, my mother who was very controlling, always made sure I couldn't have one, well shes been dead for 9 years now--theres not much she can say now.

in closing: the feeling of closure and the emotions I felt pulling out of the dealership with my new motorcycle, it was like I was reborn, im finally at peace with myself...I have been pain free and OCD free for almost a year!
thought id share...

"Never work so hard to make a living, that you forget to make a life"

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  13:52:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BRAVO JAYA! Way to go, that's TMS success when you can free yourself from fear, pain and worry and lead your life the way YOU want.
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  14:18:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
WOW jaya ! thanks for posting !!!
Go to Top of Page

tmsjptc

USA
124 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  16:32:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jaya, very cool. thanks for sharing. I've been wanting a motorcycle myself for a while now and it has always felt like I shouldn't get it yet because of what everyone else might think (you are selfish, you could spend the money on something else, you will be unsafe, etc). Your post makes me think I should just do what I want and go get it!
Go to Top of Page

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2014 :  20:42:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by tmsjptc

Jaya, very cool. thanks for sharing. I've been wanting a motorcycle myself for a while now and it has always felt like I shouldn't get it yet because of what everyone else might think (you are selfish, you could spend the money on something else, you will be unsafe, etc). Your post makes me think I should just do what I want and go get it!

it is honestly the best thing ive ever done, I highly recommend getting a motorcycle, the distraction it gives you from the tms gremlin, is worth every penny, still cheaper than going to a doctor

Go to Top of Page

jaya

USA
175 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  07:47:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
....I almost forgot, ive become a goldfish hobbyist.....its very relaxing watching fish....plus they are easily conditioned into "liking" you..lol

Go to Top of Page

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2014 :  12:03:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Jaya, where do the fish ride on your bike, on the handle bars or on the back seat?
Go to Top of Page

flyfishnevada

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2014 :  22:14:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jaya

3. I stopped worrying about other peoples problems(sounds selfish, but it my life no one elses, and as far as im concerned, you only get one life)

You aren't selfish. That is self interest. It's healthy. Ever heard "if you don't take care of yourself you can't take care of anyone else" or similar sayings?

Selfish means you take care of yourself at the expense of others. Selfless means you give too freely of yourself. Neither is good. So don't reinforce the idea you're doing something bad by looking after yourself. You're engaged in self interest, you're not selfish.

Edited by - flyfishnevada on 08/07/2014 22:16:43
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000