TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Forum Policy
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dave

USA
1864 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2014 :  12:46:52  Show Profile
As you know, I try to allow free discussion on this forum and rarely edit or delete posts. That said, there is a policy that needs to be followed.

Most importantly, nobody should blindly accept the medical advice of any poster on this forum, period. Would you take medical advice from a random person on the street you have never met, even if he is a doctor?

I cannot stress this enough: If you are experiencing symptoms, it is imperative that you visit a medical doctor for a thorough examination to rule out serious disease or illness. A wide variety of symptoms are discussed on this forum, and no doubt many turn out to be TMS. Nevertheless, it would be reckless to treat any symptom as TMS without first ruling out a serious medical problem.

I understand that a free exchange of ideas will sometimes lead to heated discussions. However, I urge members not to resort to personal attacks. The same personality traits that make us susceptible to TMS also make us overly sensitive to people's comments and to lash out in anger. When you experience these feelings, perhaps you should take a break and try to figure out where they might be coming from before clicking the "Post" button.

Note: My intent is not to call out any individuals or posts. This message is merely a reminder to adhere to the forum policy and to practice good judgment when posting. A thread that degrades into a series of personal attacks does not serve the main purpose of the forum, which is to help people to recover from TMS.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000