TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 New "Is it TMS?" iPhone app
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2014 :  16:49:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, I haven't invented one. But we really, really need one, you techies and goodists out there.

The TMS gremlins use the strategy of surprise and newness to trick us. And as the story of Jeff's eye below underscores (he had a real problem, not TMS), it's really difficult to know if it's TMS or not.

I had bad to disabling back pains for years - decades, really. Fortunately, since this is what Sarno focused so much attention on, this was one of the first things to go in my journey with TMS. Now I feel a bit giggly when someone starts on about their back. And I have to REALLY be quiet when I go out to dinner with my friend who is a chiropractor - he is very very loving, and becoming a chiro late in life has fulfilled him deeply, and I'm sure he gives deep love and some sort of soulful healing to his patients.

But once it goes past the back pain, it's much harder to know whether something is TMS. And really, what exactly does it mean that "it's TMS?" One definition might be that it is reversible with a policy of not believing in it as a real illness. And depending on one's ability to take that stance and be more or less doubt-free, even quite bad conditions that generally are believed to require surgery or reincarnation to cure them might resolve.

In fact, I know people who have done this.

So… who is going to create the app? Because apparently young people don't even go to websites any more! It has to be an APP!

Love is the answer, whatever the question

tennis tom

USA
4746 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2014 :  17:45:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wavy Soul

...it's much harder to know whether something is TMS. And really, what exactly does it mean that "it's TMS?" One definition might be that it is reversible with a policy of not believing in it as a real illness. And depending on one's ability to take that stance and be more or less doubt-free, even quite bad conditions that generally are believed to require surgery or reincarnation to cure them might resolve.

In fact, I know people who have done this.

Hiya' Katie Darling! You're a breath of fresh air, it's been absolutely stiflingly muggy here lately. Fair warning, statements like yours above are considered heretical by some here--after all this is the TMS Help Forum, where TMS authors are shown the door. God help the Good Doctor should he ever wander in here. Hope what happened to Ace1 doesn't happen to you. I think things may have run their course and we can move onto other distractions like the new seasons of The Voice and Dancing With Stars.

Sorry I can't help with the app, I'm an absolute Luddite thanks to Verizon.

Edited by - tennis tom on 09/20/2014 17:49:32
Go to Top of Page

Wavy Soul

USA
779 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2014 :  17:59:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, Tom, I didn't have ya down for a techie…

The thing is, it's all about the emotions.

And that is NO SMALL THING!

I'm developing an app for the emotions, called NO SMALL THING.

Love is the answer, whatever the question
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000