TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Ganglion Cyst
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PianoGuy

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2014 :  15:23:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could a ganglion cyst on the top of the foot be TMS? It's so painful I can't bear to wear a shoe and can barely hobble around.

I've had many TMS symptoms, especially recently. I'm currently working with a TMS psychologist, pushing hard to face issues of loneliness and emotional abandonment. The feelings are very painful. The harder I work to become aware and express them, the more symptoms TMS I get. Heel pain. A swollen leg that sent me to the emergency room on a Saturday (no objective findings -- it just went away in a few days). Lingering pain in my hands (playing the piano is huge in my life, and that's been very restricted).

Could a ganglion be another TMS symptom? It's so tangible -- an obvious bump on my foot that gets bigger every day. Unlike so many TMS symptoms, where there is no objective finding.

Thanks for any experience anyone has with these things.

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2014 :  16:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have had two ganglion cysts removed from my hand. Another was diminished by the doctor puncturing with a needle,(ouch). They are common and easily removed by surgery. How do you know it’s a ganglion cyst? It could be something else, see a Doctor. My cyst did not hurt much and were just bothersome. The top of your foot is where all the nerves run, so it would hurt for a real reason. Don’t let in TMS anywhere on issues like this, get informed.

I have also had another hand surgery to remove a lump that was Dupuytren's Contracture. I am glad I did and coincidently that very same week met two different windsurfers who had not taken care of the problem. One of them had a completely twisted hand.

So you are lonely, last time you posted was two years ago. Don’t hang around two more years do something. Get involved with this or the Wiki Forum. Life’s too short.

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page

PianoGuy

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2014 :  17:11:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your response.

I know it's a ganglion because a podiatrist told me, based on an MRI and physical exam. That's good enough for me. It could still be TMS-related, because it's on a tendon.

Surgery is not an easy option, at least in my case, because of other risk factors that the doctors are concerned about. I'm not so concerned, but the hoops must be jumped through nonetheless.

I come here when I get stuck on a TMS issue. Most of the time I can work through them on my own, or with the help of local resources, but sometimes I'm unsure. I'm amazed and comforted to see how many people read my post in less than two hours. I figure that if I have a symptom, others have dealt with the same thing.
Go to Top of Page

andy64tms

USA
589 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2014 :  09:43:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Piano Guy,

I am interested to know why you think it could be TMS related just because it’s on a tendon. I thought they were always on the tendon or an annoying part of the joint where the tendon joins.

I was told the first line of attack was aspiration, or piercing the sack and squeezing to dispel the fluid from the sack, (my own experience). Your body then takes care of the fluid. A fish hook in my hand or splinter has the potential to become a TMS issue if you let it.

I never had moving pains like you, but our family backgrounds are similar. I did a lot of writing about my parents and past family and I can say to you.

“ Just suppose everything you thought about you parents and family could have been wrong or different from your perception.” I believed when I acknowledged my past in a truth full context I began to heal.

Good Luck

Andy
Past TMS Experience in 2000, with success.
Charlie Horse on neck for 20 years, is almost gone.
Books:
Healing Back Pain
Unlearn your Pain
The Great Pain Deception
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000