TMSHelp Forum
TMSHelp Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Resources | Links | Policy
Username:
Password:

Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 TMSHelp
 TMSHelp General Forum
 Pelvic Pain - the latest fad?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2015 :  04:00:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dr. Sarno says that certain syndromes & symptoms may be part of a trend. He talks about how ulcers were once in vogue & then they were replaced with back pain. Dr Sopher mentioned the same about foot pain & how suddenly many patients were being diagnosed with plantar fasciitis. Lately I have noticed more ppl talking about pelvic pain issues & was wondering whether this was also part of a growing trend in which case there is defintely a very strong argument that it is TMS & should be treated as such.

I also found a link to a breathing practice that has helped someone in dealing with their pelvic pain & would like to post it here. I found it very useful & hope it will help others too.

https://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=55392

Mala

"It is more important to know what sort of person has a disease than to know
what sort of disease a person has." ~ Hippocrates (460-377 B.C.)

Mala Singh Barber on Facebook

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2015 :  22:23:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mala,

Good to "see" you! Happy new year and wishing you ALL the best for 2015.

Thanks very much for posting this. It is part of the Paradoxical Relaxation protocol (?) Have you noticed that it has helped reduce your pain?

Things seemed to be improving for me in November and I was relieved about that, but symptoms kind of ramped up over Xmas, so feeling quite down about it from time to time and continuing to search I guess. I've been looking more into Abigail Steidley's advice lately. (She has specialized in pelvic pain issues and is a 'mind-body coach').

~RSR
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2015 :  04:39:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi RSR, Thx for the wishes & I hope u have a very happy & healthy 2015 too.

So pleased u posted & hope u have been well. Yes the breathing practice is part of the Wise Anderson treatment protocol which I came across while doing some research.

Immediately after my op I felt good for about a month & then the pain came back as I started to increase my activity levels. My doctor said to give it time as it was a big op & things had been stirred up quite a bit. He suggested taking HRT as well but I'm a bit reluctant so I decided to see a TCM practitioner to get some herbs & learn how to make nutritional soups. She seems to understand that it would take some time to heal & also thinks its muscular pain & tension & apprehension & oxygen deprivation that is the cause. I am very pleased to have found someone who believes in the mind body connection so I was looking up breathing exercises & meditations that are specific to the pelvis when I came across the above link.

It was also then that I realised there r more ppl both men & women posting here & on the TMS wiki about pelvic pain which got me thinking about how Dr sarno said that syndromes can come in waves.

I wonder what u think?

Also do u ever post on the TMS wiki? I ask coz there is a lot of interesting activity there plus the weekly discussions etc & also members can post privately to each other using the inbox system. I find the private email system here does not always work.

I also found this link where Abigail Steidley mentions sarno.

http://abigailsteidley.com/tag/dr-john-sarno/

Edited by - mala on 01/12/2015 04:40:18
Go to Top of Page

RageSootheRatio

Canada
430 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2015 :  08:37:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Mala,

thanks for the good wishes! Hope we both have a better 2015.

Appreciated your update.. wondered how you have been doing, after the surgery. Glad you've found a practitioner who believes in the mind-body connection.

THANK YOU for the Abigail Steidley link. I had only explored her site a little bit. (I have her very early first ebook.) While I knew she did give a lot of credit to Dr Sarno, I didn't realize she had done an interview with Dr Schubiner. I've only listened to the first 15 minutes or so but already it's been a revelation. I really LIKE how he talks about the importance of the correct dx (ie 'mind-body syndrome' vs calling something IC -interstitial cystitis- for example and his distinction between "tissue damage" and non-tissue-damage.) Also, what he said about taking a very complete and detailed history quite spoke to me. Probably not new information but sometimes it's just the WAY someone says something where it really makes an impact, or maybe just where I'm at, now.

BTW I had been dx'd with IC many years ago, where my symptoms were chronic for some time on and off, but I basically just ignored them, refused all treatments offered or suggested by my MD and I haven't had any of those symptoms for years now. (Lots of others, but not those!) I just never took those ones at all seriously for some reason. I don't know whether there is an actual increase these days or whether people just more freely discuss them so it seems like there is an increase. Definitely reading more about it on this board.

I've hardly ever visited the TMS wiki so I guess I should check it out again. This board is not the same lively place it once was. Still get some great tips from it though, like yours. :o)

~RSR
Go to Top of Page

mala

Hong Kong
774 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2015 :  19:03:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
RSR, so glad the link was helpful. Yes u r right the interview with Dr. Schubiner is one of the best i have heard and he does a very good job of answering many questions that ppl with MBS are always asking in a way that makes you understand better.

I think I will start a seperate post with details about just that link.

Pls do come over to the TMS wiki. Its truly a great place to be. Many who r members here also post there even though some have changed their names. I know becoz I also have private conversations with them. The discussion there is top notch simply becoz there r more ppl posting & many TMS experts offering opinions & advice. Its not only a forum but much much more with links to the latest books, films about TMS etc. Their Structured Educational Programme is great too. Forest has really done a fantastic job.

Hope to chat with you soon & take care.

Mala

Go to Top of Page

icelikeaninja

USA
316 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2015 :  14:37:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Mala,
I did the wise anderson stuff but approached it with a Dr.Sarno method. I did all the physical stuff at first but then I said I am wasting my time.

According to the book you need some sort of internal massage and I totally think that is such BS. But thats just me and I am not a doctor or telling you what to do, just my story.

Reading the testimonials in the Wise Anderson book I really got motivated and but reading how stress can hurt us inside and out made it really easy to just say the hell with it once and for all.

I went back to work after a 5 weeks off (work at a college) and the pain melted away within one week and that was 8 months of chronic pain. Everyday 24/7.

I havent posted much since but look back at my old posts and you will see the journey.

**Sure I can lay down on a bed of nails and not have pain but why am I having back pain when laying down on a soft mattress?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
TMSHelp Forum © TMSHelp.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000